Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

Contest: King Khan & The Shrines

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (07/10/12)
We're giving away a pair of tickets to see King Khan & The Shrines at the Asbury Lanes on 7/24. Leave a short note of your favorite memory in Asbury Park, and the best story will be the winner. More info on the event can be found here.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
08:28 AM on 07/10/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
King Khan is the shit
10:10 AM on 07/10/12
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Well my favorite memory in Asbury Park is waiting 9 hours outside the Stone Pony with four of my best friends to see The Gaslight Anthem for FREE for the filming of their video for 45. Was an experience I'll never forget. Never heard of this band though
10:27 AM on 07/10/12
toksik shok
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Favorite memory at lanes was the first time i went to go see the koffin kats and the hand me downs about 4 years ago. some fellow didnt like that i was moshing near him so he picked me up, threw me on the ground and punched me a few times in the face. in the midst of the scuffle my elbow flew backwards and tore open some random dudes face, who later had to go to the hospital for stitches.
Once brought back up to my feet i noticed a sharp pain in the side of my face, which would later result in temporary blindness and extreme light sensitivity in my right eye for about 5 days, on top of a terrible ringing in my ear...as luck would have it, this was 2 days before my sons christianing
needless to say, the rest of the show, despite the agony i was in, kicked ass
10:20 AM on 07/11/12
theguardattacks
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was in town for the All Tomorrow's Parties Festival last year.
I was looking at some artwork by Shepard Fairey on the boardwalk and I heard a bunch of people screaming behind me. I turn my head and who do I instantly see in my peripheral? Flava Flav!
People, many of whom were not there for the festival and had no idea Public Enemy were in town, were freaking out. Flav was very personable, taking a picture with every person who asked. I managed to fumble around with my crappy phone to capture a picture with him before he said he had to go. I checked my phone, fingers crossed that the picture came out okay, and here was the result:
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...472629_o.jp g

I'm coming up to Asbury Park from Atlanta, GA, to see this show whether or not I win.
03:53 AM on 07/12/12
spacetunes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
for King Khan contest
Back in 1977 I worked at the Palace Amusements in Asbury,I worked the squirt the water into clowns mouth & blowup baloon,well the date was Aug 16,1977,was time for my break so as usual I went next door to the bar,was called Southbound at the time I think & a news flash came over that Elvis died,well I went back to work & I had a microphone to get people to play the game,so over the mic I say I have a special announcement,people gather round & I tell them that Elivis just died,I did not expect the reaction,people started to cry,shake,they asking me question that I had no answers for,was very starnge,,also another time Bruce came in with some girl & played the game
Greg H
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums