AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Line-up Change News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Line-up Change
Inside AP.net

Jamie's Elsewhere Vocalist Leaves Band to Join Of Mice...

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (07/10/12)
Jamie's Elsewhere frontman Aaron Pauley has left the band. He is currently playing bass and providing clean vocals for Of Mice & Men, although it is unknown if he is a permanent member.
Band StatementAs many of you know Aaron is on tour with our buds in Of Mice & Men. The rumors are true Aaron has decided to leave Jamie's Elsewhere to pursue other things. Aaron is still a friend and has left on good terms. We support Aaron in what ever he choses to do. As for us we will still be recording with Nick Sampson this August and plan to release our new album December 2012 followed by a full US tour and a few international tours. We will be announcing our new vocalist along with a new single very soon!
Pauley's statementIt's been an incredible journey over the last 4 years of being with Jamie's Elsewhere. I've seen nearly every monument in the U.S.A. and have been blessed enough to create music with some of the most talented musicians I've ever known. I'm writing this to tell you all that I've decided to step down as the vocalist of Jamie's Elsewhere in order to persue other life endeavors. I love all these guys with all my heart, and know firsthand that their new album will be incredible. I'm also beyond appreciative of all of the JE fans out there, because you guys have allowed me to tour the country doing what I love most; which is playing music. I can't tell you how difficult this is, but I feel like it's the right call for myself and my family at this point in my life. I still love and support JE with all my heart, and will always do so. To my bandmates, the fans, anyone who's ever came to a show, bought merch, housed us, fed us, or helped us along the way: thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for all of the wonderful memories.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 51.
03:47 PM on 07/10/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
Aaron has some good pipes and would fit perfectly in Of Mice And Men I think.
03:48 PM on 07/10/12
woodmic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sucks for the band; good opportunity for him.
03:49 PM on 07/10/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I'm glad they are having someone other than Austin handle clean vocals. I'll wait till I hear a studio track to judge if he's a solid replacement for Shay.
03:57 PM on 07/10/12
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
hmmm interesting to say the least
03:57 PM on 07/10/12
musicfan9795
Cool...cool...cool...
User Info.
I saw an interview with Austin and he said Aaron's fate as a permanent member of the band will be determined at the end of Warped. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as a full-time guy. He can definitely handle all of Shay's cleans pretty well.
04:11 PM on 07/10/12
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
for me, no one will ever replace shayley bourget but i welcome anyone to try. maybe this will shift them away from that nu-metal wanna-be-bring me the horizon shit in their new song.
GrandAce
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wasn't Austin going to provide all the clean vocals himself?
seanthethief
User Info.
one of the few consistently awesome people I've known in the music scene over the years. I hope this yields the best possible result for him.
04:14 PM on 07/10/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
I'm glad they are having someone other than Austin handle clean vocals. I'll wait till I hear a studio track to judge if he's a solid replacement for Shay.
I'm banking on yes. His vocals for JE are solid, but he doesn't have the tremolo that shay has. that is the thing i'll miss.
04:16 PM on 07/10/12
Noodlemane
User Info.
This is interesting. I know Austin was supposed to start doing cleans, and they recorded some stuff with him doing so, but now that they have the opportunity to bring this guy in, it's a no brainier that they should ditch the Austin signing idea..Wonder what this means for the release of that stuff as well.
04:17 PM on 07/10/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Submitted this, I have mixed feelings about it. Aaron Pauley is a strong enough vocalist to front his own band and did an amazing job with JE. On the other hand he could be a very interesting addition to OM&M. On another note, JE should call I quits at this point but they are apparently recording a new "brutal" album which will no doubt have some angry songs towards Aaron's leaving. JE fans don't love them because they are heavy, it was the melodic and uplifting vocals that set them apart.
04:18 PM on 07/10/12
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
How many different vocalists have Of Mice & Men had?
04:26 PM on 07/10/12
seanthethief
User Info.
I'm banking on yes. His vocals for JE are solid, but he doesn't have the tremolo that shay has. that is the thing i'll miss.

I am not pointing this out to be a dick, but the correct term is vibrato (I'm saying this just so you know for future reference)

Originally Posted by the almighty wikipedia
vibrato is a periodic variation in the pitch (frequency) of a musical note, whereas tremolo usually refers to periodic variations in the volume (amplitude) of a musical note

and a sweet visual representation (frequency wise)

04:34 PM on 07/10/12
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
How many different vocalists have Of Mice & Men had?
there's only been two vocalists actually in the band, that's austin for screams and shayley for cleans. they've just had one other touring vocalist, when austin wasn't touring. now that shayley's gone they have another touring vocalist.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS