Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
12:32 PM on 07/11/12
Manervous
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So Black Cards went from being a "band" to being a dubstep thing? Following the trend I guess. Seems like a quick cash grab.
I love how people say stuff like that whenever somebody makes something dancey/"Poppy" but I defy you to show me the cash to grab...Have you heard a Black Cards song on the radio? Does it sound like an easy sell? I'm not saying it's a great idea/great music, but I have more respect for Wentz' intelligence than to assume he thinks he'll make any money off this when he most certainly won't.
01:38 PM on 07/11/12
Manervous
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Alone it's not really, but it is being integrated heavily.
Definitely. And I think it's lazy to count anybody out: For all we know, Wentz could have a whole second career here...I just think it's really unlikely and therefor not a "Money Grab," is all I was getting at.

A money grab to me is the mad dash for easy cash...the easiest cash for the dude from Fall Out Boy would be to be the dude from Fall Out Boy. Kids keep demanding TTTYG pt. 2. I think if they ever did it, that would be the real sell-out move because it basically says "We don't care about art, we don't care about doing something we enjoy, we just care about your money so we'll deliver exactly what you're asking for us to do." Nobody is asking Pete Wentz to do EDM...I think it's obviously even Island isn't asking for it if they have him doing an EP instead of an album. At worst, this is a vanity project.
05:17 PM on 07/11/12
Manervous
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I guess I just don't get it. He's a talented guy and a great lyricist. I guess I just expected more than some dance music. I liked the original direction of the band.
Totally fair enough. Can't really disagree with any of that.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums