Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
02:20 PM on 07/11/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Best band. I really hope this album does well for them. Can't wait to see them in Portland this month!

Also, I want to hear some more Stephanie Smith on either HOH stuff, or this pop side project.
10:50 PM on 07/11/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
I've said this once, and I'll say it again. They need to get on some bigger tours. They definitely deserve it. Anberlin would be great for them.

Yeah they should do more tours outside of the Christian market IMO. I don't think that demographic can really appreciate what they do to be honest haha

Would it be outrageous to suggest that they open for Foo Fighters? I could definitely hear that, what with the more aggressive sound on the new record. Seeing HOH in August, and there's not a band I wouldn't want to see explode more.

Also, great interview. Loved hearing Tim's insight on the record.

True. Even bigger bands in the "scene" or Warped (or other festivals) would give more opportunities.

I wonder if Goatee is holding them back at all when it comes to tours, because it sounds like from this interview that they want to be bigger and play for more people...

I love TobyMac, hence my username. :'( lol.

Toby loves taking artists he appreciates under his wing and growing them. I feel like he tried that w/ them hence the multiple tours they've done with him, but while a lot of the CCM crowd does love them (Jesus Freak Hideout named them most anticipated of 2012), I don't think that's the demographic they should be pushed on.

I'd like to see them tour with bands like Taking Back Sunday, The Gaslight Anthem, etc. Maybe that would help them catch on more.

I think this tour with RK could be really good for them. I only wish (and personally think) that they were playing higher on the list. They deserve more than an opening slot.

If they do another good tour after this, maybe even a headliner, they could do very well for themselves. Even though I've liked them for years, I've never had the opportunity to see them live until now because of their touring schedule and the places they hit. If they were to team up with some of the smaller Tooth & Nail they could get a good tour together (Hyland, Ivoryline, Poema) I'm just hoping they get another good tour after this, and hopefully I can see them again.

As for Gotee, I think they do very well within their niche. However, I think that very little time and effort has been put into HOH and the entire Mono Vs Stereo imprint. I dont think its the CCM or christian scene thats been hurting them--its the fact they havent had much help or support behind them. Obviously switching labels or going independent is tough and scary, but I could see them doing well on a label like Hopeless or T&N, or doing like The Classic Crime and going indie.

No matter what though, I wish these guys the best!
10:53 PM on 07/11/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
She does a bunch of background vocals on the new album. I didn't know until yesterday that she and Tim were romantically involved haha.

But man, I really hope these guys get big, can't think of anyone who deserves it more

How did I miss that? I need to go back and listen for her voice.

Her solo project is pretty good by itself if I remember right as well.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests