Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 111.
07:41 AM on 07/13/12
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
Would be great if he was able to get over it, but I don't think anyone could blame him if he wasn't able to fly again. He's a brave guy just considering it
07:42 AM on 07/13/12
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
Really really cool of him. Would not blame him at all if he didn't go.
07:45 AM on 07/13/12
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
sucks that it is hugely affecting him. Thoughts and prayers.
07:45 AM on 07/13/12
zachff
is Dalton Russell
User Info.
Would be great if he was able to get over it, but I don't think anyone could blame him if he wasn't able to fly again. He's a brave guy just considering it
Exactly my thoughts. And hopefully the Australian fans are appropriately appreciative of him if he does go.
07:47 AM on 07/13/12
colombia182
User Info.
Just to say, this Travis' quote was made before the comment about fill in a drummer next year. He said it to RedBulletin Magazine July Edition: http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/...21243229268580

The quote is in the full interview on magazine not in the site.
07:55 AM on 07/13/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Oh course it's hugely affecting him....he was in a fucking plane crash.

Best of luck.
07:56 AM on 07/13/12
Sean.Murphy
Stay Hungry, Stay Free
User Info.
He means its more feasible to take a boat to Europe. Definitely too far to do that for Australia, that's what he's been doing for their European shows thus far

haha i kno, i was just breakin balls
07:56 AM on 07/13/12
Say Hello 87
User Info.
what road do you drive on to get to europe?

Flying and boating.
08:01 AM on 07/13/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pretty brave that he's considering it! Though he is young, he'd have to get over his fear of flying at some point.

And I agree that Qantas is a great airline. Any international airline > US domenstic ones,
Not necessarily. Breaking Benjamin's lead singer never flies and he makes do. And if i'm not mistaken, 80% of Americans DON'T have a passport to travel. So if he's like his fellow Americans, traveling isn't a big desire to him, it's just a consequence but not a requisite of his job.
08:10 AM on 07/13/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
Pretty brave that he's considering it! Though he is young, he'd have to get over his fear of flying at some point.

And I agree that Qantas is a great airline. Any international airline > US domenstic ones,

Yeah, but at any age, after a plane crash, anybody would be scared of flying...

Travis is super brave though, to attempt to overcome his fears like that. If anyone, he has the most right to be afraid of flying.
08:13 AM on 07/13/12
StarZap
User Info.
Good luck Travis! Hope you have a safe Touchdown.
08:14 AM on 07/13/12
fsmith84
Lock and load
User Info.
Can't really imagine how hard it would be to overcome it; I don't think any of us can unless you've been in a plane crash.

I was in a single-engine plane once that was stalling and later recovered, and I will absolutely never ride in one again. They scare the living fuck out of me, even seeing them fly ahead. Being in a plane that actually crashes, bursts into flames (with you inside) and seeing many of your best friends perish in that instant would be a permanent block for me too.

All the respect in the world to a guy who's trying to overcome it purely for the fans. He's seen those countries. He's got all the money he needs. He's doing this because they deserve a good show, and he wants to be a role model for his kids on how to overcome personal obstacles. I have zero idea how anyone can shit on him for that.
08:15 AM on 07/13/12
Jake Gyllenhaal
There was a fish in the percolator
User Info.
If Travis ultimately decides not to go, perhaps his fill-in could be Scott Raynor
08:15 AM on 07/13/12
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
User Info.

i dont know, virgin america, which i guess is technically foreign, is pretty great
08:18 AM on 07/13/12
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
That's a remarkable thing of him to even consider. I probably wouldn't be able to if I went through what he did.

Edit: I damn sure know I wouldn't be able to. I got stung by a bee on a trail by my house. Bet your ass I never went down that path again.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests