Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 111.
08:19 AM on 07/13/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
Dude's got balls. The best of luck to him.
08:30 AM on 07/13/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Wow, that's insane. Good for him for even considering this, more for possibly doing it. Awesome dude.
08:34 AM on 07/13/12
mms13
User Info.
A huge feat for him but definitely something he needs to overcome.

Completely understandable where he's coming from, sure - but he needs to remember that flying is the safest form of travel! And especially in his business, refusing to fly cuts off so many opportunities and honestly makes life a hassle.

And absolutely he needs to do it for his kids...they cannot go through their whole life like that. Air travel opens up the world.

And above all, the Aussies need to see Blink - the real Blink! Them touring without Travis is almost unfathomable.
08:41 AM on 07/13/12
CrewysLane
User Info.
still think a hologram travis would rule.
08:43 AM on 07/13/12
mms13
User Info.
Being in a plane that actually crashes, bursts into flames (with you inside) and seeing many of your best friends perish in that instant would be a permanent block for me too.

People get in car wrecks all the time and watch their fellow passengers die right next to them. Most of them drive again - usually as soon as they are able to. And there's a pretty high chance that they will be involved in another accident in their lifetime. The odds of being in a plane crash are EXTREMELY small. The odds of being in 2 are damn near 0.

Not arguing that this isn't incredibly traumatic for Travis, but when you think about what I just said - you gotta admit it's something he should be able to overcome. And I hope he does.
08:45 AM on 07/13/12
CoheedForever
The Afterman
User Info.
God damn. That is incredibly brave. I don't think I could ever do that after going through what he went through.
08:53 AM on 07/13/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
wow... i hope he can overcome it.
08:59 AM on 07/13/12
ShotgunGold
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If they do boats from New York to Southampton do they not do boats from San Francisco to Brisbane??!

Reckon it's about 1.5 times the journey.
09:02 AM on 07/13/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Man I really feel for him. I could understand why he wouldn't want to fly after what happened to him, and I think it's awesome that he's trying to conquer his fear
09:05 AM on 07/13/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
Travis is the man! It really does show he cares about the band because like a few others said, he probably has more than enough money and doesn't really need to tour to these places that require flight if he didn't want to.
09:09 AM on 07/13/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
If they do boats from New York to Southampton do they not do boats from San Francisco to Brisbane??!

Reckon it's about 1.5 times the journey.
It would be like a month trip each way.
09:15 AM on 07/13/12
raptorz44
One Who Gets Away/NJ Success Story
User Info.
Pretty brave that he's considering it! Though he is young, he'd have to get over his fear of flying at some point.

And I agree that Qantas is a great airline. Any international airline > US domenstic ones,
He's rich, so he really doesn't NEED to overcome it.

But it's totally within his character to be doing it for his kids.
09:25 AM on 07/13/12
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
Good man.
It's really hard to understand how it must feel. Hope he and his kids figure something out.
09:29 AM on 07/13/12
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
I couldn't even imagine how hard that would be. If I was in a near death experience in a plane and witnessed some of my best friends die, and one die after probably due to the depression of that event, I would never get on a plane again
09:34 AM on 07/13/12
palebluedot
Give me all you've got now birds
User Info.
This is for all the douchebags that said "grow a pair" in the previous thread... I don't think I would be able to overcome the fear of flight after such an accident.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums