AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:05 PM on 01/04/13 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
John Krasinski's name is being thrown around (again), and there are some names out for Drax:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/...ista-for-drax/
03:16 AM on 01/05/13 
User Info.
FallenEmpyr
Anchorage
Male - 24 Years Old
Uhhh trailers???
03:46 AM on 01/05/13 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
trailers are really very awesome
the movie isn't even cast yet.
08:43 AM on 01/05/13 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Love leaves scars.
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 28 Years Old
I wonder if he was confusing this with that Rise of the Guardians movie.
03:39 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm not entirely keen on any of the rumored actors. It might help if I knew the characters better but it's hard to imagine John Krasinki as some form of superhero. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is even a bit of a stretch to me. And uh, as awesome as Isiah Mustafa is...

Am I the only one thinking this? Or is this movie going to be more humorous and wacky than I imagined?
07:24 AM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 27 Years Old
Latino Review is reporting that Marvel inquired on the availabilities of Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler for this.

I'd think those would be to potentially voice Groot or Rocket Raccoon. Regardless, quite a weird bit of news. I still want Simon Pegg for Rocket Raccoon though.

They're also saying Wes Bentley, Chris Lowell, and Cam Gigandet will read for Star Lord. I don't think I've ever seen a studio test so many actors for one role.

I'm not entirely keen on any of the rumored actors. It might help if I knew the characters better but it's hard to imagine John Krasinki as some form of superhero. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is even a bit of a stretch to me. And uh, as awesome as Isiah Mustafa is...

Am I the only one thinking this? Or is this movie going to be more humorous and wacky than I imagined?
I'd say it will be in similar tone to the other Marvel movies. There's more opportunity for humor due to the nature of the characters and the team's dynamics, but I wouldn't outright say this will be an action-comedy or classify it as wacky. There's plenty of humor to be had when you've got a giant, sentient tree and a trigger happy, talking raccoon in the midst of an intergalactic adventure.
07:00 AM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Really hate the idea of Carey and Sandler.
08:59 AM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
Really hate the idea of Carey and Sandler.
Sandler I'm not big on, but I don't think Carey would be terrible as RR as long as he's not TOO over the top.

Of course, "he wouldn't be terrible" isn't exactly the most ringing of endorsements, so...
04:20 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
It's hard to not think that pulling Carey and Sandler would not so be for accurate casting but for their names. It's been a while since Carey did anything credible and Sandler has been a bomb for ages.
04:50 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
FondestMemory
having fun in the heart of it all
Youngstown, OH
Male
It's hard to not think that pulling Carey and Sandler would not so be for accurate casting but for their names. It's been a while since Carey did anything credible and Sandler has been a bomb for ages.

since 2010, three of sandlers six credits have earned $100+ million, with two of them in the $145+ range. two others were $74 and $80 mil. the only real bomb was That's My Boy.

hes made a lot of shit over the past handful of years, but he still brings money to the box office.
05:32 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
Ah, yes. I meant bomb as in quality of his movies. My bad. Probably shoulda used a better word. But those statistics get at what I was saying in regards to grabbing him for his name.
02:17 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...a93a1c000 08a

None other than Chris Motherfucking Pratt is playing lead to Guardians of the Galaxy. This is such awesome news, I really hope he blows up after this.
02:18 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
Bert Macklin straight up saving the galaxy.
02:42 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
spaghettti
@asrvtnik
Westfield, MA
Female - 21 Years Old
Bert Macklin straight up saving the galaxy.

YESSSS
03:40 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
_veges_
Such an awesome choice

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT