Username
Password
Death News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Death
Inside AP.net

Woman Dies At Warped Tour

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (07/15/12)
A young woman has passed away at Warped Tour today in Toronto. Our thoughts are with her family and friends. Police say the cause was "likely a medical issue," but if you are going out to one of the remaining shows on the tour, remember to stay hydrated.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 119.
01:57 PM on 07/15/12
emopunkfan
AllTimeLow
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
horrible news
01:59 PM on 07/15/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
damn only like an hour in too. it's a shame this happens at least once every year
01:59 PM on 07/15/12
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
RIP. One of my friends apparently was there and sent out a tweet about this.
02:01 PM on 07/15/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
That just sucks so bad.

RIP
02:02 PM on 07/15/12
mena
This whole box is Pepe Silvia!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tragic. RIP.

And does anybody remember what the official cause of death was for the person who died last year at Warped?
02:05 PM on 07/15/12
punchedbyagirl
blaremagazine.com // Josh
User Info.
Apparently the death today isn't totally from dehydration as word on-site it was also drug-related. Still it's never great to hear about these things.
02:08 PM on 07/15/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Apparently the death today isn't totally from dehydration as word on-site it was also drug-related. Still it's never great to hear about these things.
yeah....i mean it was only about 83 degrees there today so i don't think heat/dehydration would be the sole factor. would't be surprised if drugs were involved. its for reasons like this why I don't drink at events like this in the sun like some people do.

after shutting the stage down they got hit with a bad thunderstorm too and told people to see shelter. sounds like a mess
02:09 PM on 07/15/12
wait now here
User Info.
Damn their seems to be at least one of these every year... sad
02:09 PM on 07/15/12
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
Someone died at my warped date 2 years ago from dehydration. The water bottles are like 3 bucks each. I think they made it cheaper because of that situation.
02:13 PM on 07/15/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
Wow. I gotta look after myself better I was off chop at soundwave and big day out in 115 days in your scale. Destroyed 10+ beers both days plus moshed and had a sun bake sleep mid arvo

RIP poor lass
02:14 PM on 07/15/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Someone died at my warped date 2 years ago from dehydration. The water bottles are like 3 bucks each. I think they made it cheaper because of that situation.
Last year they had a free hydration station.

Edit: Not sure about this year, though. I hope they still have it. I drank like two bottles of water before Warped, and was continually drinking the whole time.
02:15 PM on 07/15/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Terrible, RIP
02:15 PM on 07/15/12
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
do what i did.

bring a backpack. stop by a grocery store on your way to Warped Tour, buy 2 bottles of cold water. drink one while you're waiting in line because you'll get hot while you wait. put the second one in your backpack (don't open it! they won't let you bring it in, if you do.) then, when you're officially inside and you get thirsty, drink it, and re-fill it throughout the day. most of the venues should have places to get water.
02:18 PM on 07/15/12
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
the hydration stations are nice, but waiting in line to fill up can potentially get you even more dehydrated. The water bottles at my date were still 4.50 which is embarassingly high for a tiny 16 oz bottle of fiji water. That's the main problem. Hopefully this woman didnt pass away for that reason, and my thoughts are with her family and friends today.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS