At last! Beyond excited to hear this.
07:49 AM on 07/16/12
sonicfury
User Info.
Amazing so far.
04:15 PM on 07/16/12
sonicfury
User Info.
Ok, so I'm 8 tracks in and so far I have heard nothing that sets this apart from any other "middle of the road" Metalcore release from the last, I don't know, 6 maybe 7 years??? It all sounds like re-hashings of ideas I've heard countless times before. Please feel free to berate me all you want and by all means prove me wrong but this is a prime example of an album that is killing this genre. I keep listening to bands like this in the hope that someone, somewhere will come out with an album that gave me the same rush as "Alive or Just Breathing" or even "The Powerless Rise" because this is the genre that opened me up to not just metal but pretty much everything else I listen too. I would be genuinely thrilled if someone could find me 5 bands from the last 3 years that could give me that feeling again.
It's not reinventing the wheel but the sheer power alone is what sets this aside from other bands. Some of the tracks are just absolutely crushing.
06:38 AM on 07/17/12
sonicfury
User Info.
Honestly, and I'm not saying this simply to be negative or to disagree for the sake of disagreeing but, I just don't get that from this band or many others for that matter. Maybe it's because, to my ears, it doesn't seem raw enough or because after years of listening to Metal/Metalcore etc my sense of what is "heavy" is dumbed (I can quite happily fall asleep to Norma Jean's "O God the Aftermath"........a little weird I know) but I don't feel this album smacking me in the face and telling me to wake the fuck up, ya know???? It all seems very bland and one dimensional. It's like they've sat in the rehearsal room and said "Here are these four chords. We're going to play them in different orders and try and make an album from them........Oh and by the way, here's a beat-down or several." You're right when you say it's not re-inventing the wheel, and in the least patronising way possible, I'm glad you can see that because I know many who wouldn't, but why not have a go at re-inventing??? Why not at least try and come up with something a little different??? Take your influences and add something of yourself to it?????? Why, when you call yourself creative, write something that is patently not your own?????? Can you see where I'm coming from or am I just being mental??
Nah you're not mental. I'm just totally enamoured with their sound so whatever they release I'm going to love. With that I do think that they've got better. I guess it's down to personal preference, although most of these bands sound pretty similar they all have unique elements that make people love them. For example I blast Parkway Drive everyday but can't really get into August Burns Red yet I'm sure there are people who would say they sound much the same. I disagree with you saying that it's not their own and isn't personal I think that by definition as long as music is written by the artist it is personal and as I've said I do think they have their own sound.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests