Username
Password
Rise Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Rise Records
Inside AP.net

Woe Is Stream

Posted by: Jack Appleby (07/16/12)
You can stream Woe, Is Me's re-issue of Number[s] here, and check out my review over here. Thoughts?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19.
04:38 PM on 07/16/12
YOUAREtehSCENE
User Info.
Hance did not rerecord any of the original numbers songs
“For anyone that is still confused:
The Reissue of Number[s] comes out July 17th. It has been in the works for quite sometime now, and is NOT what we’ve been in the studio working on for the last month. The Reissue consists of the original album, with bonus material. No newer members, besides myself on a few songs, had any part in the creation of the Reissue.
We’ve been in the studio for over a month recording a brand new album for you guys. This new album will feature Doriano as screamer and Brian as the bassist. It will be released in the fall of this year, and more than likely a single from this new album will be released before that.
I hope this clears up your confusion.
See you all very soon.”
-Hance Alligood
From his facebook wall!
04:43 PM on 07/16/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Hance did not rerecord any of the original numbers songs
“For anyone that is still confused:
The Reissue of Number[s] comes out July 17th. It has been in the works for quite sometime now, and is NOT what we’ve been in the studio working on for the last month. The Reissue consists of the original album, with bonus material. No newer members, besides myself on a few songs, had any part in the creation of the Reissue.
We’ve been in the studio for over a month recording a brand new album for you guys. This new album will feature Doriano as screamer and Brian as the bassist. It will be released in the fall of this year, and more than likely a single from this new album will be released before that.
I hope this clears up your confusion.
See you all very soon.”
-Hance Alligood
From his facebook wall!
Yeah, they were saying that since it was first announced, so I'm not sure why people are so confused.

Doesn't forgive how terribly conceived this release is.
05:17 PM on 07/16/12
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
Yeah, they were saying that since it was first announced, so I'm not sure why people are so confused.

Doesn't forgive how terribly conceived this release is.
Amen (Kendrick Lamar voice)
05:47 PM on 07/16/12
blackmold
Not A Poser
User Info.
I understand what this reissue is but I swear right after Hance became the new singer, they said they were going to re-record the original songs with him singing. I think this is why people are confused.
05:59 PM on 07/16/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I understand what this reissue is but I swear right after Hance became the new singer, they said they were going to re-record the original songs with him singing. I think this is why people are confused.

Pretty sure this. That would have been a truly worthwhile rerelease or at least make an EPs worth of new songs to go with it. Number[s] was an album with such a great flow, short and sweet. Not only are these new addition songs bad (not including vengeance or f>d) but they ruin the flow of the album.
06:18 PM on 07/16/12
A Head
User Info.
I felt it should have received a 15% overall. 16% seems a little high.
06:26 PM on 07/16/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
i just check.... yep still as bad as the first time around
06:52 PM on 07/16/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.

Pretty sure this. That would have been a truly worthwhile rerelease or at least make an EPs worth of new songs to go with it. Number[s] was an album with such a great flow, short and sweet. Not only are these new addition songs bad (not including vengeance or f>d) but they ruin the flow of the album.

I covered the situation very closely, since I was the one who discovered Hance as the replacement - the band absolutely stated it would be a re-issue. However, Woe fans heard wrong, then it became the largest game of "Password" ever.

Should have been a three song EP. Throw on Vengeance, and record two NEW songs. Then tack on Fame > Demise acoustic for a fourth.
07:08 PM on 07/16/12
shallow america
User Info.
Re-issue fail.
07:34 PM on 07/16/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I covered the situation very closely, since I was the one who discovered Hance as the replacement - the band absolutely stated it would be a re-issue. However, Woe fans heard wrong, then it became the largest game of "Password" ever.

Should have been a three song EP. Throw on Vengeance, and record two NEW songs. Then tack on Fame > Demise acoustic for a fourth.

And if they were insistent on doing it the way they did they should have included every song they've recorded; all covers (including the Tik Tok one) and the setlist intro just for completionists sake.
08:12 PM on 07/16/12
CorinaMarie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This was the dumbest release of 2012, hands down.
09:36 PM on 07/16/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Such a fun release. I love them!
10:14 PM on 07/16/12
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hance has been my friend for awhile and stoked for his success. Most of my other friends quit this year... Still love those dudes as well.
11:25 PM on 07/16/12
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
they could have delivered so much more on this since hance has been at the helm since like september, and instead it is this shit. i know they have had member problems and everything but it didnt seem like a new album was coming anytime soon even when tyler was still in the band. they toured wayy too much during this album cycle and this release will pay dearly for it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS