AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Record Sales News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 79.
11:45 AM on 07/18/12
JesseKilgannon
User Info.
I think everyone knows how you feel about the situation. No offense.
It's cool. I didn't realize how well my thoughts were known here.
SHESmyRUSHMORE
User Info.
1. Golbin fucking sucked

2. Tyler will be releasing another album in Nov

3. AP isn't going to post about it...or the other four OF releases or their tour.

Numbers and 119 are going to be fucking awesome.
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
congrats
11:58 AM on 07/18/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
It's cool. I didn't realize how well my thoughts were known here.

Just saw that other Franky thread that got out of control.

I'm wondering if Earl is going to drop an album this year or not.
12:03 PM on 07/18/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Just saw that other Franky thread that got out of control.

He should be in the studio working on it now.
12:04 PM on 07/18/12
Dre Okorley
User Info.
It's not going to sell shit in terms of physical copies because Best Buy (the company for which I am employed) has underestimated it's expected sales. Our store only got 5 copies in and it sold out really quick. Many people left disappointed.
Makes sense, but as you can see predicted sales aren't always that accurate.

I guess I can see why you're using Best Buy as the rubric, but from what I understand, they're closing down their stores and they have competitors anyway. Their selection and prices aren't that great, either.
12:11 PM on 07/18/12
JesseKilgannon
User Info.
Hopefully. He's recording with the RZA next week. There's still the EarlWolf album, too. And an entire album with Matt. One of those needs to come out soon.

I guess I can see why you're using Best Buy as the rubric, but from what I understand, they're closing down their stores and they have competitors anyway. Their selection and prices aren't that great, either.

Keep in mind that Target isn't carrying it and Wal-Mart won't have any copies either, as they don't carry any albums with cursing.
12:11 PM on 07/18/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Kind of off/in topic:

Everyone was wiggin out about Target not carrying the album. It was a breach of contract, which it was and was always the reason. Yet people thought it was because of his letter coming out. No the case and I tried explaining that to people...

Anyway, Target made headlines the other day because they are the first major retailer to offer same-sex greeting and marriage cards. I understand that this detail is somewhat small, but it's just something I thought about when it was on the news.
12:12 PM on 07/18/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Hopefully. He's recording with the RZA next week. There's still the EarlWolf album, too. And an entire album with Matt. One of those needs to come out soon.

Keep in mind that Target isn't carrying it and Wal-Mart won't have any copies either, as they don't carry any albums with cursing.

Kind of interesting ^
12:13 PM on 07/18/12
Dre Okorley
User Info.

Weird, I never knew that.
12:14 PM on 07/18/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Basically just reaffirming the fact Target DID NOT pull Frank because he may or may not be gay. They aren't that kind of company.
12:15 PM on 07/18/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Weird, I never knew that.

Wal Mart is Satan with shopping carts anyway
12:15 PM on 07/18/12
Dre Okorley
User Info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Ocean

Just noticed his article has a "vandalism lock" on it, but it didn't before. People are so dumb. I was just at my friend's work talking to him about current, young hip hop artists and then I brought up Frank Ocean. His co-worker got mad and was like "He's gay! Ugh." And we were like: "So? Let him be." And he was like "Nah but he's gay tho, argh. A gay man."

Made me really annoyed and perplexed how angry people DO get over this stuff. I thought he was gonna knock some plates over, lol.
12:20 PM on 07/18/12
Mikeallover
User Info.
I bought one.
12:25 PM on 07/18/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I think this early release thing cost him a #1 debut week, even if we count physical copies next week as his true debut. Still very happy for him, he deserves it. But Nas for #1 album next week please.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests