Username
Password
Alkaline Trio News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 42.
12:33 PM on 07/18/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
We'll see how this goes. They've got a lot of making up to do for me. As for one of the first real bands I started listening to, the last few albums have been the kind that you only listen to for a few days.
12:52 PM on 07/18/12
Fuck You Aurora
Lost.
User Info.
Damnesia is the only thing worth listening to that this band has released in years. Low expectations for this.
Lol.
01:04 PM on 07/18/12
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Don't even try to tell me that This Addiction and Agony and Irony weren't both piles of shit. Matt's songwriting has been horrible for quite some time. Every listenable song they've put out in the past five years has been written by Dan.
01:08 PM on 07/18/12
Kill_the_radio
Don't wait too long to come home
User Info.
I hope their dry spell is over now.
01:16 PM on 07/18/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Don't even try to tell me that This Addiction and Agony and Irony weren't both piles of shit. Matt's songwriting has been horrible for quite some time. Every listenable song they've put out in the past five years has been written by Dan.
eh this is all a matter of opinion. I will agree their older work was their best but still very much enjoy just about everything they have released. I don't even consider myself their biggest fan but I do like a lot of their music. I own most of their early work on cd or lp but got their more recent stuff on my itunes and am tempted to pick them up when I see a sale. They may not of been on par with From Here To Infirmary, Goddamnit, or Good Mourning but their last 3 albums have their own charm for a lot of people. I know I am not the only one that likes them.
01:18 PM on 07/18/12
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
both Matt and Dan have put out solid albums in the last year. I aint worried.
01:43 PM on 07/18/12
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
Agony and Irony was kinda weak but has some killers, This Addiction is a great record ("Dead on the Floor" might be the best track thereon) and Damnesia, their most recent offering, was also great. I'm sure my avatar gives me away as a fanboy but "piles of shit" is pretty hyperbolic.
01:44 PM on 07/18/12
billcom6
AP Addict
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really? Anoter Matt Skiba side project?

:)
02:42 PM on 07/18/12
HogarthHughes
Paint the Streets in White
User Info.
I honestly enjoy every album they've released, and I don't expect this to be any different. Looking forward to this and new JEW next year.
04:13 PM on 07/18/12
mshoreline49
User Info.
i think i'm definitely in the minority but i really liked agony & irony. there are some good jams on that cd.
04:24 PM on 07/18/12
a speedo model
an enthusiast
User Info.
I think at this point, I'd rather they broke up and stopped ruining their name.
04:26 PM on 07/18/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
I honestly enjoy every album they've released, and I don't expect this to be any different. Looking forward to this and new JEW next year.
Looking forward to see what they can do at the Blasting room, and Jimmy Eat World? now that band is the one that has some making up to do, that last record might be the worst piece of shit ever..
04:40 PM on 07/18/12
mondaybest
nothing is sacred
User Info.
Agony and Irony and Crimson were not good. This Addiction had a handful of great songs on it.. especially The American Scream. I'm skeptical but I love Skiba's voice always and forever so I'm excited to hear.
06:30 PM on 07/18/12
HogarthHughes
Paint the Streets in White
User Info.
Looking forward to see what they can do at the Blasting room, and Jimmy Eat World? now that band is the one that has some making up to do, that last record might be the worst piece of shit ever..
Haha, I'm in major disagreement with you there. I thought Invented was a great mix of Chase This Light and Futures. It seems several were disappointed with it though.
07:02 PM on 07/18/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
It takes the right mood to listen to but I loved everything about Invented. It really brought all of Jimmy Eat World's sounds together and had such a tranquil sound. The last 2 songs on the album, imo, their best closer to date. That album took awhile to grow on me but it did one day driving at dusk and since then I have loved it so much.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums