Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 184.
04:48 PM on 07/24/12
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
I have been smoking blunts every day for at least a solid 10 years. I call bullshit. You can still play drums with a sore throat. lol
Because your story is indicative of all blunt smokers.
04:49 PM on 07/24/12
Aryv
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If you guys actually read the article it explains very clearly (not "sounds like") that Barrett's esophagus is caused by stomach acid, not marijuana. There are no Negative clinical side effects of THC (the active ingredient in Cannibas) in your system other than the high feeling you get.*
04:50 PM on 07/24/12
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
If you guys actually read the article it explains very clearly (not "sounds like") that Barrett's esophagus is caused by stomach acid, not marijuana. There are no Negative clinical side effects of THC (the active ingredient in Cannibas) in your system other than the high feeling you get.*
Quote:
Speaking about his health scare, Barker said: “They found that I had six ulcers, and I had a condition called Barrett’s esophagus, which is basically from really extreme acid reflux or if you excessively smoked, your esophagus lining becomes pre-cancerous.
04:51 PM on 07/24/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
This is going to be the most annoying thread to read as this replies keep coming.
04:53 PM on 07/24/12
Aryv
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He's talking about smoke in general, not marijuana specifically. Of course smoke can aggravate it but it cannot cause it.
If you dont believe me, WebMD it, or google it. THC doesn't cause Barrett's esophogus.
04:55 PM on 07/24/12
70x7
shakin hips, bustin lips
User Info.
The only thing more pathetic than people over 30 doing drugs are parents doing drugs. Weed is such a lame drug, it's for 14 year olds, At least smoke something tough like meth.
04:56 PM on 07/24/12
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
He's talking about smoke in general, not marijuana specifically. Of course smoke can aggravate it but it cannot cause it.
If you dont believe me, WebMD it, or google it. THC doesn't cause Barrett's esophogus.
I never intimated that THC caused Barrett's esophagus. Just pointing you to the part of the article that people are referencing.
04:56 PM on 07/24/12
chasecasillas
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
its going to be like snoop. he'll be hitting the glass d**k before ya know it!
04:57 PM on 07/24/12
Aryv
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I never intimated that THC caused Barrett's esophagus.

What was the point of your original response if not to argue against what I had said?
04:58 PM on 07/24/12
mattjritter
USMNT ♦ AVFC
User Info.
Dude can't fly, and now he can't smoke weed. What the fuck else is there?
Hahaha
04:59 PM on 07/24/12
Halpertwannabe
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
First thing to pop into my head. I assume a lot of straight edge people are gonna start spreading this around.

Oh I am!!!!!!!!!!
05:00 PM on 07/24/12
ChaseTx
Didn't know he smoked weed. What about the fact that he smokes cigarettes, which is a more frequent and harmful habit?
05:01 PM on 07/24/12
Halpertwannabe
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The only thing more pathetic than people over 30 doing drugs are parents doing drugs. Weed is such a lame drug, it's for 14 year olds, At least smoke something tough like meth.

Agree 100 percent. Well not the Meth part. So 90 percent
05:02 PM on 07/24/12
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
What was the point of your original response if not to argue against what I had said?
Well since Barker was quoted saying that excessive smoking could be a cause of this disease, I took it to be true. Not sure if it is, however. I never mentioned THC.
05:02 PM on 07/24/12
IV.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Years of smoking cigarettes did nothing to help this. Anyone saying that he could still play drums have never felt a pain like this in your neck. It's pretty rough.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums