Username
Password
Angels & Airwaves News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Angels & Airwaves
Inside AP.net

Tom Talks Blink, Angels and Airwaves Live

Posted by: Anton Djamoos (12/10/07)
A video of Tom DeLonge talking about Blink 182 and Angels & Airwaves performing "Valkyrie Missile" at KROQ's Almost Acoustic Xmas 2007 can be found in the replies.

Submitted by modlife

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 72
10:32 AM on 12/10/07
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Other songs performed...

Call to Arms

The Adventure

Everything's Magic

Secret Crowds
10:37 AM on 12/10/07
Thug_Nasty
www.GridPins.com
User Info.
rip blink :(
10:38 AM on 12/10/07
theguilt engine
User Info.
and that's why I still love Tom Delonge. Though he may not be the best live singer, he means well.
10:39 AM on 12/10/07
Buzzpoots
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That story was honest and meaningful, but there is something about Tom that is really discomforting and annoying. He seems as if he is not in touch with reality. Blink 182 may not have had a message in their music most of the time (specific that is, as AVA is towards politics), but I know that band affected the same if not more people than AVA. The message was simple: they set the standard for how friendships should function through him and mark. It is unfortunate that friendship deteriorated.
10:41 AM on 12/10/07
CrenshawPunch
User Info.
His message is "Fuck your friends, do what you want". I don't like it.
10:44 AM on 12/10/07
psykosteve
Steve
User Info.
Say what you will about Angels And Airwaves (and I am not really a fan) or about the Blink split, but at least Tom has a fucking vision for his band. So few people today seem like they do. At least to Tom A&A is more than just a band.
10:44 AM on 12/10/07
Buzzpoots
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
His message is "Fuck your friends, do what you want". I don't like it.
I agree, that is what I was saying before, just in nicer words
10:45 AM on 12/10/07
Blakebear
User Info.
Tom gets so much flak, but he always seems like such a good guy.

Sorry Blink fans, AVA is having a true impact on peoples lives and Tom seems to really care about that. No more singing without a message for Mr. Delonge.
10:45 AM on 12/10/07
CrenshawPunch
User Info.
Hahaha. The Guitarist totally fucks up the transistion in The Adventure.
10:47 AM on 12/10/07
Buzzpoots
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Say what you will about Angels And Airwaves (and I am not really a fan) or about the Blink split, but at least Tom has a fucking vision for his band. So few people today seem like they do. At least to Tom A&A is more than just a band.
His vision is nothing new. There have been politically influenced punk bands since their inception. And it is not that AVA is a bad band, they just have this absolute pretentious attitude towards themselves and their music. And to say that any band is more than just a band, to me, means that they affect society in such a large way that they are really "bigger" than just a band (i.e. in the punk genre, Green Day, Ramones, these bands changed the genre as a whole)
10:48 AM on 12/10/07
Khaos
Can I Save Myself?
User Info.
No offense for the first video and I am glad that the music ment so much to those soliders and that Tom felt so moved by it but his voice was junk for Valkyrie Missle.
10:49 AM on 12/10/07
dakinemaui1983
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think its funny that they wrote serious songs like Adam's song, and Stay Together For the Kids, had MILLIONS of fans who felt Blink 182 meant the world to them, and he can still sit there and say the only meaning of Blink was "Fuck It", That band touched so many more millions of people than AVA ever will, that its sad that he truly looks at his past as kind of just a fun time with no meaning. Oh well.

On a side note, when Blink 182 came on stage drunk and sounded like shit, no one cared, it was still an amazing show, and hearing Tom and Mark pull classic skits like The Blow Job Song made everyone move past the fact they were out of key... When Tom acts so serious like Bono, and then sounds like that.. I seriously can't help but laugh. I love the guy, and his CDs are relatively good, but geezzz, I don't know....
10:50 AM on 12/10/07
marfawkah02
User Info.
so wait, "stay together for the kids" "adams story" and other didnt have messages? i dont get it . . unless is was Tom and Tom alone that came up with the songs
10:51 AM on 12/10/07
MasonR5
Water and Mason
User Info.
haha
i was waiting for tom to spit out a punchline after that story.
i see what he's trying to do, but he's just so much better at not giving a shit.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests