Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 103
11:26 AM on 07/26/12
Chuck!
In Chip We Trust
User Info.
Quote:
You did your part, right?

Does vinyl count towards billboard numbers? If so, yes.
11:33 AM on 07/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I was waiting to see if Pitchfork was going to do a review of this. Only 5.7? They gave the last two albums pretty high scores. But it also isn't trendy indie-dance pop...

lol
11:33 AM on 07/26/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Pretty sure those are anomalies. That, and Kanye and Radiohead are pretty well-adored by Pitchfork. By and large, they do tend to give lower scores to artists that go major.
We can agree to disagree on that. I agree that they're well-adored by Pitchfork but that's because, well, they make good music. It makes sense that good music is praised. Either way, it's NOT true to say that all major label artists lose a point on Pitchfork for being major label artists like that person said.
11:34 AM on 07/26/12
njiata603
http://greatbigchoruses.tumblr.c om/
User Info.
i bought 2!
11:34 AM on 07/26/12
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
Yeah, but you're not Pitchfork, so no one cares at all about your review or score.

your words are hurtful, jason!

(geico callback)
11:35 AM on 07/26/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
We can agree to disagree on that. I agree that they're well-adored by Pitchfork but that's because, well, they make good music. It makes sense that good music is praised. Either way, it's NOT true to say that all major label artists lose a point on Pitchfork for being major label artists like that person said.
And Handwritten is good music. Reviews are subjective. Simple as that.
11:37 AM on 07/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Holly HoX! probably does so it's probably dumb of me to post that unless I was quoting him in response of something.

Strangely enough, I might have been doing that...

Nah man I write for 2dopeboyz
11:38 AM on 07/26/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
And Handwritten is good music. Reviews are subjective. Simple as that.
I agree. Just gets old seeing "Oh they didn't get a positive review because they're on a major label". They didn't get a positive review because that writer didn't like it as much, that's it.
11:39 AM on 07/26/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
Nah man I write for 2dopeboyz
Man **************************
11:39 AM on 07/26/12
btown4life
User Info.
Yeah I downloaded the HQ leak, I know I'm a bad person, so I've been enjoying the album already. SRC has fucked up my last two orders so I'm not surprised they haven't shipped it yet.

I almost canceled my order with SRC and went with someone more reliable, but I forgot to. This will probably be the last time I order from them.
11:41 AM on 07/26/12
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
i haven't done my part quite yet but don't count the flower before it sprays, im buying this shit.
11:41 AM on 07/26/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I agree. Just gets old seeing "Oh they didn't get a positive review because they're on a major label". They didn't get a positive review because that writer didn't like it as much, that's it.
Pitchfork scores are very political and the reviewer himself rarely has final say on the score to begin with. I know this for a fact.
11:43 AM on 07/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
3/6 Best New Music (albums) went to major label artists. Two of the others are basically on Indie majors - Warp and 4AD. So, yeah...

Praise when praise is due.
11:43 AM on 07/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Pitchfork scores are very political and the reviewer himself rarely has final say on the score to begin with. I know this for a fact.

They answered this question in their Mailbag a couple weeks ago.
11:45 AM on 07/26/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
Is that because of a band moving to a major label, though? Or is it because of the influence Pitchfork has on the music industry itself (as proven by The Weeknd)?

Oh and also, can you explain this review? Although it adds evidence to your case that the CEO has a lot of say on the final score, how would this slide under that political mindset?
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/...e-eminem-show/

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version