AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Taking Back Sunday News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Where You Want To Be 8

Posted by - 09:49 AM on 07/27/12
Taking Back Sunday's Where You Want To Be came out 8 years ago today on Victory Records. Please feel free to discuss what the record means to you in the replies. It's a staple for many of us around here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 148
09:49 AM on 07/27/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
09:54 AM on 07/27/12
june182
User Info.
My most played record from TBS.
09:55 AM on 07/27/12
teebs41
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This record holds so many memories for me. I was training to be a lifeguard and one of the kids training with me brought up that he had the illegal version of the record. Of course the dude made me pay him for it or something but it didn't matter because this was TAKING BACK SUNDAY'S new record. I don't get excited for records anymore like I did back in high school. I remember them being on warped tour that summer as well and my buddy hurting his knee in some really lame mosh pit. The production on the record isn't perfect but it has a rawness that really fits the sound they were going for. I love the original lineup and I am happy they are back together but this is my favorite Taking Back Sunday record, mainly because of the memories it holds and how it fits that time in my life.
09:56 AM on 07/27/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Slowdance was and still is one of my favorite songs by them.
09:56 AM on 07/27/12
xtbs7645x
User Info.
For some reason I remember picking it up so clearly. Not sure if its my favorite TBS album, but def the one I connected with the most.
10:00 AM on 07/27/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
My absolute FAVORITE Taking Back Sunday album and one of my all-time favorite. The record means so much to me and was the soundtrack for many, many summers!
10:03 AM on 07/27/12
aoftbsten
Go Buffs.
User Info.
Still my favourite TBS album.
10:06 AM on 07/27/12
Kapa73
User Info.
The only record I listen to from TBS anymore. I remember hearing this for the first time and thinking the band had gotten "stronger" sounding, whatver that means. "A decade under the influence" was also the catchiest thing I'd heard in a while. It felt like 3 really good songs put into one track. Loved it.

SUGGESTION FOR AP STAFF: It might help to include the tracklisting in these " remember this recrod?" posts to help (quickly) jog people's memories and spur further discussion. Just a thought.
10:07 AM on 07/27/12
GNARgnarGnar
Hi i'm Casey Aylward!
User Info.
Love this album. Such a great summer album. I feel like this is the last era of bands who's sophomore albums were a big deal, because bands still were given opportunities and resources to get "huge." Other albums that give me this feeling are In Keeping Secrets, Deja (obviously) and for some reason 1985 by Rufio.
10:08 AM on 07/27/12
sept. 18th
Monstar.
User Info.
Soo long ago. 04 is the year that defines my life and my love for music. A lot of great shit that year! I also remember people were calling TBS, taking back thursday..lol
10:09 AM on 07/27/12
Amongster
Take A Deep Breath
User Info.
The soundtrack to my summer since '04.
10:09 AM on 07/27/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
The best possible following for a masterpiece like Tell All Your Friends.
10:12 AM on 07/27/12
Readyfuels
COYS
User Info.
Favorite Taking Back Sunday album. Vividly remember many of the lyrics from this album making it into my AIM profile and away messages.
10:13 AM on 07/27/12
Crackbaby
Stupid inflatable pants!
User Info.
It means nothing to me. Since I haven't listened to it yet. I never really got into TBS. Guess I should give it a try.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos