Password

03:31 PM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
No Avatar Selected
new york, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Over the weekend me and my girlfriend have been fighting and were at the point where we aren't even speaking. The topic of our argument was money but we've been fighting on and off since we started dating in October, is it finally time to give up? Are all relationships like this? Because everyone I've been in go to shit eventually :(
03:36 PM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
You kind of gave no details to the situation so I don't know how anyone's supposed to tell you if it's time to give up.
04:56 PM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
Fight with her, have angry make up sex, then once you cum break up with her.
05:07 PM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
Windsor, OH
Male
just surrender man
06:13 PM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
Male - 23 Years Old
have you considered murder?
07:48 PM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
allthruwinter
What do I stand for?
white plains, ny
Female - 29 Years Old
Like earlier person said, you gave no details, so we can't really help you, BUT if every relationship you have had has gone to shit, its only one of two things that are the problem 1. You need to start looking at yourself from an introspective point of view, or 2. You date bitches. Time to do some reflecting.
08:02 PM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
No Avatar Selected
new york, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Like earlier person said, you gave no details, so we can't really help you, BUT if every relationship you have had has gone to shit, its only one of two things that are the problem 1. You need to start looking at yourself from an introspective point of view, or 2. You date bitches. Time to do some reflecting.

Ok here's the run down for everyone.
Last week she asked me to put electric in her apartment under my name. Her roommate moved out, and she has shit credit so for her to put it hin her name would mean a 200 dollar deposit. I told her that I didn't feel comfortable putting it in my name because that would mean lying about where I live, I don't live with her. Also she lives about a half hour away and she told me to lie about my employment so it would be realistic to the electric company I live there. I told her no I don't feel comfortable lying and putting my name and credit on the line and would just rather just give her 200. She got pissed because I didn't do what she asked and as a result we haven't spoken since last night. As I said earlier we have fought on and off since last October and I feel like this could be the end. This is not a big deal but we've had so many fights and break ups and I feel like it was wrong for her to get so pissed and weird because I wouldn't do what she asked ugh, "I love her to death but shell be the death of me" as The Maine said lol
08:39 PM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
allthruwinter
What do I stand for?
white plains, ny
Female - 29 Years Old
Ok here's the run down for everyone.
Last week she asked me to put electric in her apartment under my name. Her roommate moved out, and she has shit credit so for her to put it hin her name would mean a 200 dollar deposit. I told her that I didn't feel comfortable putting it in my name because that would mean lying about where I live, I don't live with her. Also she lives about a half hour away and she told me to lie about my employment so it would be realistic to the electric company I live there. I told her no I don't feel comfortable lying and putting my name and credit on the line and would just rather just give her 200. She got pissed because I didn't do what she asked and as a result we haven't spoken since last night. As I said earlier we have fought on and off since last October and I feel like this could be the end. This is not a big deal but we've had so many fights and break ups and I feel like it was wrong for her to get so pissed and weird because I wouldn't do what she asked ugh, "I love her to death but shell be the death of me" as The Maine said lol

She has really no right to ask you to put something in your name when you guys don't live together. I think asking for a favor that large is ONLY acceptable when you live with someone. And even then, that's really putting your financial status on the line for another person. I have completely SHIT credit, and my boyfriend has done two things in his name for my benefit, and in both instances I helped him pay both things back. But they weren't a continual situation, like electricity. Something like that could really fuck you up if she doesn't pay on time. Or if they find out you don't live there, I mean that's your ass on the line. The fact that she got that tight about it is not a good thing, and you guys are only a few months in, I feel like she should be much more understanding. That's straight up selfishness. And selfishness is not something you want in a longterm relationship. Warning flag! Anyways, I'm rambling, if you guys fight as much as you claim, and its not changing, either talk about it and try to resolve these issues, or move on and find a girl that won't give you fucking headaches. In this case, I'm on your side.
08:52 PM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
Just get out while you can, while you can still slice it cleanly. If things aren't going right, don't try to force it.
09:04 PM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
No Avatar Selected
new york, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
She has really no right to ask you to put something in your name when you guys don't live together. I think asking for a favor that large is ONLY acceptable when you live with someone. And even then, that's really putting your financial status on the line for another person. I have completely SHIT credit, and my boyfriend has done two things in his name for my benefit, and in both instances I helped him pay both things back. But they weren't a continual situation, like electricity. Something like that could really fuck you up if she doesn't pay on time. Or if they find out you don't live there, I mean that's your ass on the line. The fact that she got that tight about it is not a good thing, and you guys are only a few months in, I feel like she should be much more understanding. That's straight up selfishness. And selfishness is not something you want in a longterm relationship. Warning flag! Anyways, I'm rambling, if you guys fight as much as you claim, and its not changing, either talk about it and try to resolve these issues, or move on and find a girl that won't give you fucking headaches. In this case, I'm on your side.

Thanks. I really thought maybe I was wrong but that's exactly how I feel about it you really made me feel better about the decision I made. Whenever she stops being mad and calls/texts me I'm gonna talk to her about it and say how I'm feeling and maybe its better if we part ways, I think its possible its just run its course.
09:05 PM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
No Avatar Selected
new york, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Just get out while you can, while you can still slice it cleanly. If things aren't going right, don't try to force it.

I agree. Thanks:)
09:18 PM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
allthruwinter
What do I stand for?
white plains, ny
Female - 29 Years Old
Thanks. I really thought maybe I was wrong but that's exactly how I feel about it you really made me feel better about the decision I made. Whenever she stops being mad and calls/texts me I'm gonna talk to her about it and say how I'm feeling and maybe its better if we part ways, I think its possible its just run its course.

You're welcome! I mean, I hope it works out if you can talk it out. If she sees the light that's a good sign, because communication is key. If she's still frontin' then move on, and find someone that won't be mad greedy. I wish you luck!
09:52 PM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 23 Years Old
Everyone gets into arguments, it's inevitable. You have to figure out if they're worth it or not.

As long as you're both respectful in your arguments, aka no "you're a fucking a bitch/cunt/asshole", there's no issue with disagreeing and getting pissed at each other unless it's daily.

Like I said, if they're worth it, you'll pick and chose your battles and make it work.
10:02 PM on 07/28/12 
User Info.
tyramail
wake up i'm calling you
oregon city
Female - 25 Years Old
arguments are normal, but not speaking because of them probably isn't a good thing. also, that's a big favor on your part, something you should't have to do obviously and she should have respected that. the fact that she didn't, and you two don't live together and haven't even been together that long, i'd probably just slowlyyyyy back away.
04:20 AM on 07/29/12 
User Info.
TangledUp
crazy cat lady
Arizona
Female
I definitely think this girl is trouble, trying to get you to lie about your employment and where you live. If that's what the fight was about she was completely out of line in being mad at you for not being comfortable with that.

As someone above said, yes, fights are inevitable. But in healthy relationships, fighting is to a minimum. Couples try to talk it out and communicate calmly before it escalates into a fight.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos