Password
Yellowcard News - Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 180.
09:03 PM on 07/30/12
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
As much as I enjoyed always summer and enjoy WATIC and Fallout Boy and Patrick Stump this song is just not that good.
09:09 PM on 07/30/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
That chorus TOTALLY reminds me of The Morning Of.
09:35 PM on 07/30/12
Dookie1994
User Info.
Rivertown is my third or fourth favorite song on this record
Would you give us your favorites in order?

Edit: Would you just list all 10 tracks in order from favorite to least favorites?
01:43 AM on 07/31/12
moyger
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
they should go back to the drawing board again and trash their new album. I think it sounds sooo generic with all the pop punk bullshit boyband sounds out there. Justin Beiber could be better if there are distortion in his songs. cmon YC, you can do better than this. sorry but your new release just SUCKS!!
03:45 AM on 07/31/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
very underwhelming.
05:24 AM on 07/31/12
vinnie_9
User Info.
I can't get into this song at all. Awakening and Always Summer are so good though! It's gonna be hard for this album to be as good as Paper Walls (which was almost flawless).
07:43 AM on 07/31/12
partiallypro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
they should go back to the drawing board again and trash their new album. I think it sounds sooo generic with all the pop punk bullshit boyband sounds out there. Justin Beiber could be better if there are distortion in his songs. cmon YC, you can do better than this. sorry but your new release just SUCKS!!
You haven't even heard the whole album, this is one song.
08:53 AM on 07/31/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Incredibly underwhelming.
YES. I got excited cause some of the staff members were raving about this like it was the best YC song ever made. Now i'm incredibly let down. It's not bad by any means, and it's catchy...but compared to "Awakening"....well, it doesn't really compare to "Awakening".
08:59 AM on 07/31/12
herestoyoufla
User Info.
Dig the lyrics, dig the verses, dig Taylors harmonies, and overall I dig the song, but definitely didnt meet expectations. Really my only problem is the chorus because it sounds like itd be a really good pre-chorus. But maybe its because I was expecting their usual huge sounding chorus. Also thought they shouldve dragged out the bridge more or did something different.

Overall, I dig it. It might grow on me and I like that they went for something different. Still ridiculously stoked for the entire record.
I thought it was a pre-chorus judging by the Amazon clip. It has a good buildup, but doesn't have the punch that YC is known for. I had the same problem with "Always summer", but at least that one had a badass violin solo and driving guitars to back it up.
09:09 AM on 07/31/12
herestoyoufla
User Info.
I really think this song would be much much better with Patrick Stump singing the entire thing. I can hear it in my head and his voice is just stronger and would pack that "punch" that's missing for me.
06:24 PM on 07/31/12
boomer08
User Info.
If the Patrick Stump version ever gets released they should make a long-form music video and have it be a sequel to Moustachette
08:32 PM on 07/31/12
YC obsession
Easy Target
User Info.
When does the video come out?
04:19 AM on 08/01/12
March_Faster!!
まくどなるどなしじゃいきられない。
User Info.
Sounds like a song where the violin takes a backseat and you do NOT put the violin in the backseat. Balls!
04:50 AM on 08/01/12
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
User Info.
On subsequent listens, I agree with the people saying this is a grower. Definitely true.

However, can't help feeling disappointed in the chorus and the lack of more violin. But it does seem like Yellowcard took a lot of risks (as ironic as that sounds given the poppier direction) with this single.

Also, I might get flamed for this, but I think this would've been better off without Tay as guest vocals. I think it'd make it sound less pop and let the lyrics shine more, if that makes sense. /flameshieldup

Whatever the reason, I have a feeling an acoustic version of this song will be much more enjoyable.
09:48 PM on 08/01/12
YC obsession
Easy Target
User Info.
On subsequent listens, I agree with the people saying this is a grower. Definitely true.

However, can't help feeling disappointed in the chorus and the lack of more violin. But it does seem like Yellowcard took a lot of risks (as ironic as that sounds given the poppier direction) with this single.

Also, I might get flamed for this, but I think this would've been better off without Tay as guest vocals. I think it'd make it sound less pop and let the lyrics shine more, if that makes sense. /flameshieldup

Whatever the reason, I have a feeling an acoustic version of this song will be much more enjoyable.

Agree.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News