Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 180
07:48 AM on 07/30/12
partiallypro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The more I listen to it, the more I like it, and the more I hear little nuances like the violin in the background etc. Wish it was a bit more pronounced.
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I had a feeling that people would either love this song or hate this song. Tied with Some Nights for SOTY, right here.
CallumSty
callumnmacleod
User Info.
"Awakening" and "Always Summer" are two of my favourite Yelowcard songs, in an already consistent discography. This is more radio friendly but still very enjoyable. I still think the album will be at least my 2nd favourite of theirs.
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The more I listen to it, the more I like it, and the more I hear little nuances like the violin in the background etc. Wish it was a bit more pronounced.
Don't forget, this is probably shit quality. CD quality will bring this out even more.
trixcereal
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So, Southern Air (the acoustic one) > Awakening > Always Summer > Here I Am Alive. It's a good song, just not what I expected, especially as the first official single. And to be honest, I'm kind of disappointed. I don't know. I have to hear the rest of the record. Can't wait to get mine in the mail.
07:49 AM on 07/30/12
underdawg1119
fghtffyrdmns
User Info.
Ehhh. That felt more like Key lending vocals to whatever power pop band's song than a YC song if I'm being honest.
07:51 AM on 07/30/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Shamelessly pop. Incredibly good.
07:52 AM on 07/30/12
CapitalG24
User Info.
anywhere to listen in the UK?
07:53 AM on 07/30/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Dig the lyrics, dig the verses, dig Taylors harmonies, and overall I dig the song, but definitely didnt meet expectations. Really my only problem is the chorus because it sounds like itd be a really good pre-chorus. But maybe its because I was expecting their usual huge sounding chorus. Also thought they shouldve dragged out the bridge more or did something different.

Overall, I dig it. It might grow on me and I like that they went for something different. Still ridiculously stoked for the entire record.
Crackbaby
Stupid inflatable pants!
User Info.
Not really feeling this one.
mvacare23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wait, this is the song that every AP.net person was raving about "wait until you hear this song", "song of the summer" ?
07:59 AM on 07/30/12
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
Catchy tune. It doesn't reach the hype for it though. I am still very excited for Southern Air though.
07:59 AM on 07/30/12
partiallypro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So, Southern Air (the acoustic one) > Awakening > Always Summer > Here I Am Alive. It's a good song, just not what I expected, especially as the first official single. And to be honest, I'm kind of disappointed. I don't know. I have to hear the rest of the record. Can't wait to get mine in the mail.
Trust me, keep listening to it. It grows on you. I was slightly off put at first, but give it 5 or so spins and you start to see it's pretty dang good. It's not my favorite YC single or song (Back Home is) but it's a nice song and change of pace. Lyrically similar to "the Middle" by JEW, lacks that power punch at the bridge but it's still pretty great.
08:00 AM on 07/30/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wait, this is the song that every AP.net person was raving about "wait until you hear this song", "song of the summer" ?
Yes, because it is.
The reaction to this song has been far different than I anticipated.
08:01 AM on 07/30/12
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
I had a feeling that people would either love this song or hate this song. Tied with Some Nights for SOTY, right here.
Whoa, really? I've listened a few more times, and while I like it a bit more, 'SOTY' didn't even cross my mind until you brought it up.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos