Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 62
03:56 PM on 07/31/12
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
User Info.
me too. I know brand new sold more in 2009 with about 50,000. I only reference them because to me they're close to the same level, or atleast I thought so. Brand new can do small arenas
i'd say pirating has increased since 2009, i'll bet if you looked back at data you'd see a trend in lower record sales on the billboard 200 from 2009 to now
04:09 PM on 07/31/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Very impressive. I wonder how many of those were vinyl considering they apparently sold out of the entire first press.
almost a third if you believe that the initial pressing was /10,000
04:40 PM on 07/31/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Good for them! It's sad that 37,000 copies is considered a relatively big number these days though.
It's really sad. Husker Du was selling that many records on SST in the 80s with shows and airplay their only promotions. I wonder how much bands make directly off of new records these days? Especially since we hear about major international tours running at break-even.
04:41 PM on 07/31/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
just to let people know: these ARE NOT official numbers. the Billboard charts haven't been published yet. this is an estimative by HITS Daily Double.

Passion Pit could debut higher than TGA for all we know. HDD has made some terrible mistakes in the past.

I would love to see the guys at staff using the official numbers straight from Soundscan. It's not hard to find them, especially for a top 3 debut.
That's true, they don't take into account any indie record stores, etc.
04:47 PM on 07/31/12
whitelightning7
Registered Member
User Info.
Kidz Bop 22 going strong, too!
I can't believe 34,757 people bought Kidz Bop 22. I don't know a single person that owns a Kidz Bop album. Unless they're hiding it of course.
04:54 PM on 07/31/12
ACA
Kevin Devine @ NYC 11/3
User Info.
I can't believe 34,757 people bought Kidz Bop 22. I don't know a single person that owns a Kidz Bop album. Unless they're hiding it of course.
You are also old enough to, legally, per Big Bill, to use and sign up for sites on the internet.
05:28 PM on 07/31/12
March_Faster!!
まくどなるどなしじゃいきられない。
User Info.
I dare say they deserve the top spot because they (and this album) and that fuckin' good.
05:34 PM on 07/31/12
FUCKDIRTYWIPES
Kicking it middle school
User Info.
why? I didn't even know who Passion Pit were. TGA has had some buzz around them since The '59 Sound.

great for them, and completely deserving.
Passion Pit is a more known, more popular band then TGA. That's why.
05:49 PM on 07/31/12
crf1895
get kinda awesome
User Info.
Passion Pit is a more known, more popular band then TGA. That's why.
I just don't see them getting as much hype as TGA, and sales wise they're doing a little less too. But I'm not from the US so I won't argue.
05:50 PM on 07/31/12
liarsenic678
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
great job, a great band deserves the credit
06:14 PM on 07/31/12
FUCKDIRTYWIPES
Kicking it middle school
User Info.
I just don't see them getting as much hype as TGA, and sales wise they're doing a little less too. But I'm not from the US so I won't argue.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to argue either.

I saw on here people saying that their first week numbers could be affected by the lack of promotion of their new one, and some personal issues with the band, so I don't think you're wrong about the lack of hype there. But yeah, generally, PP is much bigger here then TGA.
06:37 PM on 07/31/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
It's really sad. Husker Du was selling that many records on SST in the 80s with shows and airplay their only promotions. I wonder how much bands make directly off of new records these days? Especially since we hear about major international tours running at break-even.
just keeping that trend of quoting and talking about something totally different going.....

Sugar's Copper Blue > Husker Du
06:49 PM on 07/31/12
BlinkAvAfan21
She calls it a mayonegg.
User Info.
After some time being disappointed with the record I must say it's getting better and better­. The guitar work is probably their best in 4 albums and the b-sides (especially Blue Dahlia) are amazing.
08:19 PM on 07/31/12
70x7brandnew
User Info.
Sweet! Blue Dahlia needs to be a single. Song is huge. Album is huge. Made me a fan.
08:44 PM on 07/31/12
Jukebox Romeo
User Info.
While Passion Pit is a much bigger band (anyone saying they aren't lives in an AP.net bubble, sorry) I think their fans are much more likely to pirate albums. People love Passion Pit but they're not the kind of band with a rabid fan base who is into collecting and whatnot like Gaslight fans are. Though since these aren't official numbers, it wouldn't surprise me if PP actually did out sell TGA.

Regardless, really happy for Gaslight for having a top 3 album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos