Username
Password
Blog News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blog
Inside AP.net

The Summer Set Album Update, US Tour In the Works

Posted by: Joe DeAndrea (07/31/12)
The Summer Set currently have 20 demos for their new album and hope to start recording at the end of the year. Details for a fall US tour will be announced soon.
Message from the BandThis has been the best summer of my life.

It all began when the 5 of us moved into a house in Tempe, Arizona to begin writing for album #3. We learned a lot about ourselves. As much as we love touring, it felt good to finally have a break. By day we were lounging by the pool, barbecuing, and writing songs. By night we were reuniting with old friends, drinking more than necessary, shooting pool, having Bob Seger sing-a-longs, and doing a lot of naked swimming. The most important thing is that the 5 of us became closer than ever and learned exactly what kind of record we want to make. Third time is a charm, right?

John and I have spent this whole month of July, along with most of this upcoming August, in Los Angeles collaborating with a handful of our favorite writers and producers. It's been an amazing experience. These are some of the best, most fun songs we've ever written and I promise in due time you will get to hear them. We're coming up on 20 demos right now.....we'll have 30 soon, then at the end of the year we'll decide on the best dozen and record them.

I wish this summer didn't have to end, but I can't wait to meet some new friends in South America this fall and see all of our UK friends again.

Oh, and there's a rumor we might tour in the US again at the end of the year. Details soon.

Long Live The Half Moon Kids,

Prince Brian.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
02:12 PM on 07/31/12
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
Naked swimming? Awww, man. I missed it.
02:22 PM on 07/31/12
MikeyJam
what shape is punk?
User Info.
prince brian
02:27 PM on 07/31/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
Hopefully this new album will have more appeal to me as I loved the first album and spun it so much during my college years.
02:41 PM on 07/31/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Great news!!!
02:42 PM on 07/31/12
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
Nice that they're coming here to Chile, definitely going to see them live. They write really good pop rock, light and enjoyable.
03:45 PM on 07/31/12
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
Awesome. Everything's Fine is such a great album.
04:43 PM on 07/31/12
PengusNiugnep
@PenguinGengar
User Info.
I wonder what the tour will be. Maybe it's that Mayday/Maine tour.
05:23 PM on 07/31/12
pepster50
User Info.
hope the cd is good !
07:07 PM on 07/31/12
WasteSomeTime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm guessing they are opening up for all time low again
07:09 PM on 07/31/12
Reggieboo
The Higher / Reggie
User Info.
Unless every song has some sort of dub step/house feel to it, big picture, no one will care about it. That pretty goes for any band in this genre. Its dead.
07:52 PM on 07/31/12
WasteSomeTime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Unless every song has some sort of dub step/house feel to it, big picture, no one will care about it. That pretty goes for any band in this genre. Its dead.
disagree and comment is stupid

yellowcard, taking back sunday, new found glory, escape the fate, the gaslight anthem, every time i die, just to name a few
08:32 PM on 07/31/12
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
As long as they make pop songs that could fit on an adult-contemporary leaning radio format; they could extend their success beyond their fanbase.
08:47 PM on 07/31/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Both of their albums have been amazing, cant wait for this one! Also, Im hoping that they finally make their way to Oregon.
09:04 PM on 07/31/12
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Its a dying genre but its not completly dead. Yellowcard the biggest example of a band not betraying its sound to compete with the way music popularity is changing. With that being said I do partially agree and in addition, think this album will be as poppy if not poppier than their second album
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests