Username
Password
Entertainment News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 64.
10:05 PM on 07/31/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
whoa i might actually just be able to listen to the soundtrack while playing instead of muting the in-game music and putting on my own
10:09 PM on 07/31/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
As I hear. I'm a sucker for sports games with career modes.
Every EA career mode is the same. Never played 2K but I'm sure it's gotta be somewhat better. The last good career mode in any game was NCAA Football 06 I believe. In the Road to the Heisman mode, you could either hit the gym, study, go to a social or study the playbook. You had to pick a major and the harder the major, the more XP you would get. I remember one of the majors was College Mascots. They would give you an interactive test every month on College Mascots where they would show you a picture and you had to click on the right college. Really innovative stuff! I remember trying to do Chemistry and I couldn't do that for shit lol. They only had that mode for one year but I miss it to this day.
10:22 PM on 07/31/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Every EA career mode is the same. Never played 2K but I'm sure it's gotta be somewhat better. The last good career mode in any game was NCAA Football 06 I believe. In the Road to the Heisman mode, you could either hit the gym, study, go to a social or study the playbook. You had to pick a major and the harder the major, the more XP you would get. I remember one of the majors was College Mascots. They would give you an interactive test every month on College Mascots where they would show you a picture and you had to click on the right college. Really innovative stuff! I remember trying to do Chemistry and I couldn't do that for shit lol. They only had that mode for one year but I miss it to this day.
I think that's pretty awesome but I can see why EA would take it out seeing as learning isn't "cool" these days...damn kids. I just picked up NCAA FB 13 and I actually think the Road to Glory career mode is pretty sick. You play a whole high school football season up and build up your rank. In my experience with their MLB series, 2K career modes are even better. Career modes are such an fickle thing and they could easily go wrong, but 2K seems to do it right for the last few years.
10:31 PM on 07/31/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
I think that's pretty awesome but I can see why EA would take it out seeing as learning isn't "cool" these days...damn kids. I just picked up NCAA FB 13 and I actually think the Road to Glory career mode is pretty sick. You play a whole high school football season up and build up your rank. In my experience with their MLB series, 2K career modes are even better. Career modes are such an fickle thing and they could easily go wrong, but 2K seems to do it right for the last few years.
The only thing I dig about NCAA this year is how you can win a Heisman with Tebow or RG3 or 9 other playable greats. That is pretty awesome. The high school thing is kinda cool but I get angry easily when a player drops a wide open pass in the endzone. I guess it's more realistic but it keeps costing my character some valuable points lol.
10:32 PM on 07/31/12
AlmostJordon
User Info.
"1901" is all it takes for me to call it a good soundtrack
10:34 PM on 07/31/12
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
User Info.
I remember Jimmy Eat World being on one of the NHL games' soundtracks. That plus the soundtracks for the Tony Hawk games were some of my favorites.
10:50 PM on 07/31/12
GrantCloud
User Info.
whoa i might actually just be able to listen to the soundtrack while playing instead of muting the in-game music and putting on my own
yeah, i can listen to like one or two songs off of 2k12's playlist. this is by far an upgrade.
10:59 PM on 07/31/12
Fool
User Info.
They took Jordan off the cover. But still the 2k NBA games are great. I pretty much only play the my player mode and it's incredible.
11:12 PM on 07/31/12
about3fitty
Registered Member
User Info.
he may have gotten all these artists on the soundtrack, but he still couldn't bring dwight to brooklyn.
11:14 PM on 07/31/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Brooklyn FTW. I am gonna wreck shit in this.
12:22 AM on 08/01/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Can not wait to pick this up. Seems tough to improve on 2K12 but I have faith it will be at least at great. Well, the music is much better so that's a start.
12:48 AM on 08/01/12
dancelukedance
My body is a bomb
User Info.
Wow! Sweet soundtrack!

Though I'm more psyched for the game itself. Does anyone know if the rosters of 2k12 will be updated anytime soon? I want all the off season player movement updated
03:34 AM on 08/01/12
JinxRemoving
User Info.
Hell yeah, Eric B. and Rakim.
06:28 AM on 08/01/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Wow! Sweet soundtrack!

Though I'm more psyched for the game itself. Does anyone know if the rosters of 2k12 will be updated anytime soon? I want all the off season player movement updated
Definitely not gonna be updated, last update was after the finals just to reset the injuries, etc.
06:30 AM on 08/01/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Also funny that NBA Live is coming out too.........and how many people know? (or care, really? [probably buying both either way])

And -1 for including "Amazing" when it was on 2k10. STEP IT UP JAY YEESH.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests