Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
02:54 PM on 08/01/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
Might go to West Haven. Seems like a promising show.
West Haven on a Friday night? I wonder what venue since the German Club at UNH only does Thursday shows.
05:18 PM on 08/01/12
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
I looked up the venue. It's a new place. The Cave at RVP Studios. It's kind of like Flint Local 432 but for Connecticut. If only there was a venue like that in the Hartford area.
Mhm. Interesting to say the least. I'm assuming that the Montclair NJ date is at a place called Chill. Pretty cool place. In the front is an arcade and in the back there's a small 250 person max hall. The Story So Far played a Bamboozle event there and it was a lot of fun. Very sweaty haha
05:32 PM on 08/01/12
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
That's pretty cool down in Hamden we have The Space which is a cool all-ages place with a 150 max, but the 45 minute drive is kind of steep to go regularly. TSSF came to my hometown this time last year but that was before I started listening to them. Kind of disappointing, especially considering the places they're playing now.
I've been to the space a few times. Saw Tommy Gabel (Laura Jane Grace) do a solo show and also went there for a friend's band. Not a bad little place. The people behind the Webster did it right having the main stage and "the underground" aka place next door lol. Down here in Jersey, no one puts on small up and coming bands at their venue. If you're lucky, you can catch some at Mexi-Cali or Maxwell's but those venues favor bigger acts. There's nothing wrong with that from a business point of view but it sucks for a band starting out and getting some steam.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos