Matthew Heller - 07.18.12
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Its my name, I was born with it.
2. How did this band get started?
It all started one day in late September in a hospital in 1986 the day I was born. I was dragged into a bright loud unfriendly world kicking and screaming.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The Casualties, Gang of Four, Sex Pistols, Ramones, The Clash, The Damned, Black Francis, The Melvins
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Freelance Whales because they are good friends, Tango Alpha Tango because they are good friends, Wild Ones because they are good friends, The Toothaches because they are good friends.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
They shouldn't, unless they want to have their faces melted off like a street cop surrounded by anarchists in Greece.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Michael Woods, its a cross between Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Rabbits, chipmunks, chickens and deer. Grammys are kinda corporate trash, but I'd love to win one anyway. Who doesn't like to win, even if its garbage?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
END all cutthroat corporations without oversight.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Do they exist?
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Not too much at this point.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Rake by Townes Van Zandt
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
VACATION? R U NUTS?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
NIRVANA MOTHER FUCKERS
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
It would be super pedal order and organization power. The super human power to easily operate any set of pedals with any guitar and any amp at any show. SUPA.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
No time for that shit.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am made of bones and blubber, all janky and jangling around in my body, a sack of skulls for the masses to scream at.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
CRAZY TALK - no one flourishes on radio. You must be from some other time period. The year is 2012 radio is dead. Wake up.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
SPARE TIME?????? ??? WHAT IS THAT?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
The hidden talents are so inappropriate, the non-hidden ones are albums - eat them all up, yum, yum.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |