AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.

The Wicked - 07.19.12

Interviewed by: Linda Ferreira (08/01/12)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

The Wicked

www.facebook.com/wearethewicked
www.twitter.com/thewickedband
www.youtube.com/wearethewickedband

1. How did you get your band name?
-A homeless man said we looked “wicked” meaning scary or troublesome after a show we played under a different name, so we decided that The Wicked best fit our style of music.

2. How did this band get started?
-We formed in late August, 2011 as a spin-off of one of our previous projects. We decided to form The Wicked as an acoustic duo.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
-The Wicked is not influenced by any bands in particular, although we do like music that sounds spooky.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
- I would love to tour with The Venetia Fair because they are like family to me.

5. Best food to eat on tour?
-Panera Bread. Fancy Livin.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
- Because we have a hot new record out and we spent forever on it and everyone should listen to it because it is awesome.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
-I don’t actually know anything about sports. I know that they date back to the 1950’s when color was invented, but I have never played one.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
-I would thank my parents because I love my parents and I also love my cat too. I would also thank Michael Abiuso, owner of SwitchBitch Records, for all of the love and support he has given The Wicked.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
-I would love to see more people listening to Vinyl records. I love how old fashioned they are and I think the novelty of them is priceless

10. Memorable tour experience?
-I played a show to nobody. It was sad. It is sad that I remember it.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
-I love AbsolutePunk. I remember finding out about tons of cool music through the website and interviews and what not.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
-I love covering "Blood" by My Chemical Romance during The Wicked’s live sets. I get to sing and I don’t actually sing for The Wicked.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
- I love the beach, so anywhere with a beach is perfectly fine with me. Warm is good too.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
- I pretty much grew up listening to The Grateful Dead because my dad played it all the time. I also watched a lot of Disney movies, so those are a big part of my childhood as well.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
-I’d love to have some sort of awesome super power. Like the ability to talk to cats, particularly mine. I also want to be able to shoot spaghetti from my fingers for when I need a snack.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
- No. I don’t know what superstition is anyway. Is that being scared of stuff?

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
-Well most fans will know that I have an undying obsession with my cat, Hannah. She is 19 years old and she is the wisest cat on the planet.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
-The Radio is messy. I choose not to listen to it by choice. If wfnx 101.7 was not going under, I would love to hear our music on their radio station. That is one place we would flourish most definitely.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
-I love going to the beach. I think I might actually be a fish. I also like eating ice cream. I work at an ice cream store called Captain Dusty’s. It serves the best ice cream ever.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
- I’m pretty boring, But I covered Justin Bieber’s song “Boyfriend” with a ukulele and put it on youtube.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests