Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 17 posts
09:56 AM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Also busts his ass. He played 150 shows last year. You figure in travel time and that means he was basically touring for the whole year.
The Dangerous Summer played that many shows by the end of July.
01:21 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Yeah, but is TDS one of the most well known bands in the world?

The question was not of fame but of hard working.
02:55 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.

Oh my god you're so funny.

Get a life bro, the joke is dead.
03:23 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
You need to get a life. Worthless poster. Brown nosin' hoe.

Oh no I have opinions that are different then yours, I'm such a brown noser. K dude I'll take your word for it.
03:24 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Clearly my life is based off my comments on Absolutepunk so you're right. There's no world outside of this online community so this is the best way to judge my living.

Youre still making TDS jokes months after they stopped being funny.
03:25 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Lol someone just submitted this as "Somehow, Skrillex made 15 million last year" Somehow? He busted his ass more than you did anon dude submitting the news.

Pressing play must have gotten way more strenuous than I thought.
03:31 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Because that's all he does. You're right.
Dude makes 15 million a year, he doesn't set up anymore, he doesn't tear down, he doesn't help with merch anymore, he lets his crew handle it. Just like any artist making that kind of money, they have people doing that stuff for him now. the most strenous thing he has to do anymore is perform, which mostly consists of hitting play and adding a few effects to make it special along the way. there are far too many separate tracks involved for him to be recreating each track live like a band does. It's just not possible with the kind of music he makes. It'd be like Alex Gaskarth trying to play 4 instruments at once while singing.
03:32 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
read the next post. He makes too much money to be doing any of the manual labor anymore and it's not possible for him, or any other electronic music artist to be recreating the songs on stage like a band does. there are two many tracks involved.
03:33 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Pressing play on a song that he already created. His musics not for me by any means but you (and many in this thread) are being jaded turds.
we are talking exclusively about his performances at the monent, I realize he worked hard to make that music but lets not pretend there is anything about his life performance that equals "hard work"
03:38 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Why is that a problem? If someone's willing to pay to dance and vibe to some Skrillex and the light show why are we knocking that?
I'm knocking the idea that him playing 150 shows a year is "hard work". the hardest part about that is being away from his family, but if being away from your family is work then I've missed a few paychecks on that. 150 shows is not that many for artists, most indy artists play that many before halloween and they still do their set up/tear down/and actually have to play an instrument or sing when they perform.
03:50 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
And you call TDS jokes old. Or are they only old when they're about bands you like?

TDS hasn't cancelled or show or tour in months. Everytime skrillex performs he renews the joke just like if TDS cancelled a tour tomorrow the joke would be renewed
03:57 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Did you not read Deadmau5's article on this? Nobody makes tracks on stage, they perform on stage. If I go to an electronica concert, I don't expect people to create new music on the spot- it takes a looooonng time to make a good track. Once artists get big, they gain a budget for a crew- they don't have to set up/tear down, and it's not expected of them. And if you think all you need to do to perform is hit play and then add some FX, go out and give it a shot. Hell, make a decent track first, use that to get into a club to play a set, and then let me know how that worked out for you. Don't badmouth things you don't understand.

Bands recreate their songs on stage. They play their instruments and sing the lyrics. It would be te equivalent of skrillex remaking his songs in real tame, somethin that would not be physically possible and I'm not knocking him for not doing. Regardless pressing play still isn't exactly work. It'd be the equivalent of a band tracking every instrument and voice and just pretending to play, something that tends to piss people off when it does happen.
03:58 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
The problem with that statement is that no one finds the "press play" joke funny anymore since deadmau5 pretty much buried it with his rant. The TDS joke is at least a BIT funnier because of how much Cody Payne brings this website down with being himself. He renews the joke by allowing them to deserve it.

EDIT: Don't know why it didn't quote him, oh well.
Cody didn't even have a twitter account until a few weeks ago and hasn't said anything about ap since getting it back. Someone's pure existence does not renew a joke.
04:04 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
What does Twitter have to do with any of this?

If your argument is Cody antagonizing renews the joke, than he has to have a way to do that. He barely ever posts on here, doesn't use his Facebook much,and until recently didn't have a twitter account. Where was he supposedly antagonizing the joke?
04:05 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.

Nice comeback. Your empirical evidence and reasoned arguments really changed my mind. I have seen the error o my ways thanks to your mature and well thought out reply.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos