Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 18 posts.
08:45 AM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
So he only walks away with 7.5 million. Shitty.
Plus his own label that he puts out other music on. But that's probably chump change to what he makes on his own.
08:49 AM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
It makes me laugh how many people shit talk him

- Arguably at the top of his genre, regardless of whether you like it
- Most people who know / knew the guy say he is one of the nicest people (see ETID and others)
- With his record label, he seems to want to help other acts out

Good for him. I'm not ashamed to say I like his music... Nothing groundbreaking and I'm sure it won't have longevity... but for now, I like it.
Also busts his ass. He played 150 shows last year. You figure in travel time and that means he was basically touring for the whole year.
09:09 AM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I think he deserves the money he gets, he's really good at what he does — only question I have is: where are we going to end? Why are bands being so ignored? What's wrong? How could we get to the point where people would rather see a dj instead of a hard working band?
Because electronic music is being accepted by the mainstream. Mainstream is what sells. Doesn't matter how hard a band works. If they don't get on the radio there isn't a whole lot more they can go up.
09:30 AM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Sonny once jumped on the hood of our van and put a small dent in it. can i have 1 mil to fix please?
hahahahaha
09:34 AM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Your view of this kind of music as a "fad" is probably how people overseas view country music in america......
did you add the - ACA when you quoted? Because it made me laugh.
10:12 AM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Not to mention that 90% of the time, he plays VIP sets after his shows in small clubs. I honestly would consider him to be the hardest working act in electronic music right now, regardless of what you think about him.

In other news, we should be more upset that "DJ Pauly D" made 11 million last year. That's just despicable, especially since the music he churns out makes Skrillex sound like an electronic god.
Yeah that's just absurd. Thank you Jersey Shore.
12:07 PM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Not sure why he's getting so much praise for being a nice guy, i've never met him but from the live videos i've seen he acts like a complete douche sometimes towards his own fans.

The music he makes is a complete joke but whatever if people want to listen to it...
Personal interaction goes a lot further than videos.
12:07 PM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
what ?? does that mean he was 15/16 when he was touring with From First To Last ?
Yep.
12:11 PM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I still don't understand how Steve Aoki is making more than Avicii and Afrojack. Both guys have hit songs on the radio while Aoki has Lil Jon shouting on his songs. I'm assuming it's because Steve tours a lot but still, Avicii and Afro play arenas when they do shows and headline festivals while Steve does small clubs.
Steve is terrible also.
02:47 PM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Heck, there's an 18-year old from France named Madeon, and he made this track; kid is getting super popular. All you need to do now is know how to work the music programs on the computer, have some great musical/catchy ideas, and you're good to go. No studio/producer/album contract required

Madeon is great. This is awesome:
03:10 PM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I can't remember, did he quit or did he get kicked out?
His voice was all fucked up so he left.
03:24 PM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Lol someone just submitted this as "Somehow, Skrillex made 15 million last year" Somehow? He busted his ass more than you did anon dude submitting the news.
03:27 PM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Pressing play must have gotten way more strenuous than I thought.
Because that's all he does. You're right.
03:53 PM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Why is that a problem? If someone's willing to pay to dance and vibe to some Skrillex and the light show why are we knocking that?
Kyle you forget that a big portion of AP.net doesn't leave their houses and go out to have fun. Which is why it's cool to hate pop music.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests