AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Money News - Page 13
Displaying posts 180 - 195 of 234.
04:04 PM on 08/03/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Dude makes 15 million a year, he doesn't set up anymore, he doesn't tear down, he doesn't help with merch anymore, he lets his crew handle it. Just like any artist making that kind of money, they have people doing that stuff for him now. the most strenous thing he has to do anymore is perform, which mostly consists of hitting play and adding a few effects to make it special along the way. there are far too many separate tracks involved for him to be recreating each track live like a band does. It's just not possible with the kind of music he makes. It'd be like Alex Gaskarth trying to play 4 instruments at once while singing.
DUMBASS
04:05 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.

Nice comeback. Your empirical evidence and reasoned arguments really changed my mind. I have seen the error o my ways thanks to your mature and well thought out reply.
04:05 PM on 08/03/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Oh no I have opinions that are different then yours, I'm such a brown noser. K dude I'll take your word for it.
That's not why I said it, Kunth.
04:06 PM on 08/03/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Nice comeback. Your empirical evidence and reasoned arguments really changed my mind. I have seen the error o my ways thanks to your mature and well thought out reply.
dude, you couldn't make a 15 second dubstep soundbite. you literally have no fucking idea what you are talking about.
04:06 PM on 08/03/12
Beatzero
User Info.
Bands recreate their songs on stage. They play their instruments and sing the lyrics. It would be te equivalent of skrillex remaking his songs in real tame, somethin that would not be physically possible and I'm not knocking him for not doing. Regardless pressing play still isn't exactly work. It'd be the equivalent of a band tracking every instrument and voice and just pretending to play, something that tends to piss people off when it does happen.

Electronica artists recreate their songs on stage, too. It's not just a 2-track that they press play on. Stems and tracks are triggered via MIDI controllers (like the Novation Launchpad in that Madeon video), and are sent to appropriate FX busses when the time is right. Doing this wrong would be the equivalent of a guitarist starting the chorus half a bar too late and throwing the song. Electronic artists "remake" their songs on stage in the sense that they play the right parts at the right time. It's not physically impossible, but it is basically just pushing buttons. Then again, drumming is just hitting things, so it's pointless to trivialize the instruments used for a live show, whether it be an acoustic instrument or a less conventional electronic one.
04:07 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
dude, you couldn't make a 15 second dubstep soundbite. you literally have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

I'm not saying originally making them isn't as difficult as any other form of recording, I'm saying that the life performance does not consist of him hammering away at his MacBook remaking the tracks like a band does when they play their songs live.
04:08 PM on 08/03/12
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
This fucking thread. Can we have a separate page for electronic news posts that requires an IQ above 100 to view?
04:09 PM on 08/03/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
read the next post. He makes too much money to be doing any of the manual labor anymore and it's not possible for him, or any other electronic music artist to be recreating the songs on stage like a band does. there are two many tracks involved.
YES WE SHOULD PROTEST THE WORLD! Jesus, dude, get your head out of your ass.

Frank Sinatra only performed, man. His backing big band did all the work. He was overpaid, man.
04:09 PM on 08/03/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I'm not saying originally making them isn't as difficult as any other form of recording, I'm saying that the life performance does not consist of him hammering away at his MacBook remaking the tracks like a band does when they play their songs live.
^^^^^^^^
04:11 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Electronica artists recreate their songs on stage, too. It's not just a 2-track that they press play on. Stems and tracks are triggered via MIDI controllers (like the Novation Launchpad in that Madeon video), and are sent to appropriate FX busses when the time is right. Doing this wrong would be the equivalent of a guitarist starting the chorus half a bar too late and throwing the song. Electronic artists "remake" their songs on stage in the sense that they play the right parts at the right time. It's not physically impossible, but it is basically just pushing buttons. Then again, drumming is just hitting things, so it's pointless to trivialize the instruments used for a live show, whether it be an acoustic instrument or a less conventional electronic one.
First I'd like to thank you for actually taking the time to explain this out instead of insulting me in all caps like a 4 year old.

Second maybe I'm wrong then, this is not how it was explained to me by a friend who makes dubstep which is the extent of my understanding of their live perform.
Basically I was told that everything was already tracked up and automatically began at its set time.
04:12 PM on 08/03/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
That's because your friend probably sucks at dubstep like all the burnouts from my high school that play it now.

And I'm not 4; I'm 14.
04:29 PM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Pretty sure Sonny puts on more of a live performance than a lot of bands. See: Between The Buried and Me.
04:30 PM on 08/03/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Has always made unlistenable music. Now he's getting rich doing it.
04:36 PM on 08/03/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
crazy to think it's the same 15 year old emo kid who used to be in from first to last who is now sittin on 15 mil winning grammys n shit . props to sonny
04:39 PM on 08/03/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I liked Dear Diary back in the day. Would never listen to it now though.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS