Username
Password
Brand New News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Brand New
Inside AP.net

Brand New Want To Release New Music Next Year

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (08/03/12)
Jesse Lacey did an interview in Canada the other day about Brand New's future and stated that the band wants to release material next year.
From The InterviewWe have this buzzing in us that we want to do things and I hope that we can see those things through," he says. "I think people expect more from us and I think we expect more from us.

Submitted by multiple users

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 121
03:05 PM on 08/03/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Hmmmmmmm
03:06 PM on 08/03/12
Privr005
User Info.
Is there I link to the interview? I always like to read interviews/articles about brand new since they're so few and far between! Stoked for new music, really hope they can see it through as well
03:06 PM on 08/03/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
interview link?
03:08 PM on 08/03/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Is there I link to the interview? I always like to read interviews/articles about brand new since they're so few and far between! Stoked for new music, really hope they can see it through as well

My bad, I totally slipped on that one. It's in there now.
03:08 PM on 08/03/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
Brand New is one of my favorite bands and honestly I just don't even bother anticipating new material. I'll get excited when I see a press release.
03:09 PM on 08/03/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
My bad, I totally slipped on that one. It's in there now.
dopeeeeee
03:11 PM on 08/03/12
underdawg1119
fghtffyrdmns
User Info.
Just release it this year.
03:11 PM on 08/03/12
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
not getting excited until I know that they have actually been in the studio together.
03:13 PM on 08/03/12
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
Lacey has noted that Daisy was the end of a road for the band and it was time to backtrack. Daisy was a success for Brand New, but Lacey says while he enjoys the album, it also makes him anxious to listen to due its chaotic, noise-driven nature.
"When you decide to make noise and be chaotic, sometimes you sacrifice things like melody and order, and I think those things have places in our music as well," Lacey notes. "To get back there, it's kind of like we can't move forward, you have to move back and figure out where you left those things out and take a new course."
03:13 PM on 08/03/12
jusscali
User Info.
The quote is music to my ears....
03:14 PM on 08/03/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Lacey has noted that Daisy was the end of a road for the band and it was time to backtrack. Daisy was a success for Brand New, but Lacey says while he enjoys the album, it also makes him anxious to listen to due its chaotic, noise-driven nature.
"When you decide to make noise and be chaotic, sometimes you sacrifice things like melody and order, and I think those things have places in our music as well," Lacey notes. "To get back there, it's kind of like we can't move forward, you have to move back and figure out where you left those things out and take a new course."

Im even more excited now for a new BN album. Daisy was good but nowhere near as amazing/well rounded as TDAGARIM. I hope it's a return to form.
03:17 PM on 08/03/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I would love new music from Brand New! Preferably next year but it doesn't matter as long as they're happy with a final product
03:17 PM on 08/03/12
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
Hehehe thats what i'm talking about
03:18 PM on 08/03/12
jusscali
User Info.
Im even more excited now for a new BN album. Daisy was good but nowhere near as amazing/well rounded as TDAGARIM. I hope it's a return to form.
Yeah I wasn't a big fan of Daisy. I felt like the mood it tried to establish had already been tackled and successfully set by TDAG. I'm really hoping we get an eclectic mix of songs/styles this time around.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums