No Avatar Selected
Love American - Disquiet
Gaza - No Absolutes In Human Suffering
Hop Along - Get Disowned
04:15 PM on 08/05/12
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
Those two songs are awful and to go along with Beverly Hills its just bad but Make Believe had some good songs like Perfect Situation, Hold Me and Raditude had some good songs like Trippin Down The Freeway, If your wondering If I want you to, let it all hang out, I don't want to let you go etc

I really dig trippin down the freeway
05:17 PM on 08/05/12
Guitarfreak182
User Info.
I've been listening to alot of nineties stuff lately:
Nirvana - Nevermind and MTV Unplugged
Pearl Jam - Ten and Vs.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Californication

Also bought Slash's biography and it's turning out to be a very enjoyable read.
05:55 PM on 08/05/12
whitelightning7
Registered Member
User Info.
I agree with Ryan when saying that everyone should go listen to The Front Bottoms now. I saw them on the Say Anything tour, and they blew me away.

I also don't see the hate that Hurley gets. It had one or two terrible songs on there, but Unspoken and Hang On are great songs.
06:10 PM on 08/05/12
whitelightning7
Registered Member
User Info.
I have to go listen to Pinkerton now because of this Weezer debate.
06:15 PM on 08/05/12
whitelightning7
Registered Member
User Info.

RIYL Contract-era Crime in Stereo with more of a Texas Is the Reason/Foo Fighters-type "alt" vibe. Good, sincere stuff.

RIYL Pianos Become the Teeth-style nü-skramz. Some heartbreakers on here.

Also, for the record:

ESSENTIAL:
1. Pinkerton
2. The Blue Album
WORTHWHILE:
3. The Green Album
4. Maladroit
OK to MEH:
5. The Red Album
6. Make Believe
7. Hurley
8. Raditude

The Best of Weezer 2005-Present (suggested track listing):
1. Troublemaker [Red]
2. (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To [Raditude]
3. Perfect Situation [Make Believe]
4. Pork and Beans [Red]
5. Hold Me [Make Believe]
6. Peace [Make Believe]
7. Dreamin' [Red]
8. The Damage in Your Heart [Make Believe]
9. Thought I Knew [Red]
10. Brave New World [Hurley]
11. I Don't Want to Let You Go [Raditude]
12. Time Flies [Hurley]
If you could find a way to kick The Greatest Man That Ever Lived and Unspoken onto this list, I would call it a perfect list. Of course that's just my own personal preference for a list that doesn't matter haha.
07:04 PM on 08/05/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
How anyone could find any Weezer album maybe with the exception of the Blue Album better than Pinkerton is beyond me.

Continuing this 90's flashback, I'm re-listening to the Smashing Pumpkins Oceania and affirming that it is a quite good album (comparing it to their hey day it isn't nearly as good, but for what it's worth I do like it).

Getting ready for Silverstein's Short Songs Tour in a couple weeks so I've been listening to that album, Such Gold's Pedestals EP, and Daytrader's Twelve Years in eager anticipation.
08:42 PM on 08/05/12
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
At least we agreed about Red and Hurley. For some reason I could never get into Maladroit
I liked Make Believe but I honestly can say Beverly Hills is the worst Weezer song ever
My rankings
1. Blue
2. Pinkerton
3. Raditude
4. Make Believe
5. Green
T6. Maladroit
T6. Red
7, Hurley

I hated Raditude, I enjoyed Hurley thoroughly however, so these lists are surprising to me.

Here's mine:
1. Blue
2. Pinkerton
3. Green
4. Make Believe
5. Red
6. Hurley
7. (if it counts) Death To False Metal
8. Maladroit
9. Raditude
08:55 PM on 08/05/12
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
Just got into Koji. Been jamming that all weekend.
09:38 PM on 08/05/12
njsuccessstory
The '59 Sound
User Info.
The Vaccines - "Teenage Icon"

Their debut is so catchy and I'm expecting the same for Come Of Age. "Teenage Icon" is a great start.

The Wallflowers - "Reboot The Mission" Ft. Mick Jones of The Clash

Mick definitely gave Jakob Dylan and the guys a huge Clash vibe. Really looking forward to their Americana sound on their new album Glad All Over in October. Should be a perfect for fall. As a bonus, Brian of Gaslight jumped on stage with them recently:

Also, I checked out this really interesting documentary Searching For Sugar Man on this 70's folk singer Rodriguez that never experienced success in the US but was a superstar overseas. He never knew it and they had to track him down and he eventually played multiple sold out stadium shows in South Africa. Crazy story and pretty inspiring especially as a musician myself. I've been playing the Huffington Post stream (here: http://huff.to/MrhNN8) a ton this week.
12:38 PM on 08/06/12
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If you could find a way to kick The Greatest Man That Ever Lived and Unspoken onto this list, I would call it a perfect list. Of course that's just my own personal preference for a list that doesn't matter haha.

Personally I think the Greatest Man that ever lived is a really bad song.
01:22 PM on 08/06/12
whitelightning7
Registered Member
User Info.
Personally I think the Greatest Man that ever lived is a really bad song.

Why? I'm just curious.
01:29 PM on 08/06/12
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

When I first heard it I wasn't sure if it was a horrible song or a masterpiece, but over time I've grown to dislike it and I do think its bad.
Here's why, the song has several genres of songs within the song, the lyrics are repetitive and weak. The introductory rap section proves that. Byt the 4th time I listened to this song I couldn't stand it. 11 different themes is too many the song is awkward just like the entire Red album.
01:56 PM on 08/06/12
whitelightning7
Registered Member
User Info.
When I first heard it I wasn't sure if it was a horrible song or a masterpiece, but over time I've grown to dislike it and I do think its bad.
Here's why, the song has several genres of songs within the song, the lyrics are repetitive and weak. The introductory rap section proves that. Byt the 4th time I listened to this song I couldn't stand it. 11 different themes is too many the song is awkward just like the entire Red album.

Understandable. I think the lyrics of the song are bad, but I just love the different themes and how the song is executed.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests