divaface
wicked sweet
User Info.
opiates are some scary shit.
11:13 AM on 12/17/07
divaface
wicked sweet
User Info.
Me too. My dad is on both of those kinds of medication. People keep overlooking the part where it says opiate, they think that he ODed on his prescription drugs but the article doesn't say that at all.

i think people are misreading it, thinking that the two things listed after it fall into the category of opiates.

or judging from these responses, people just can't read.
11:57 AM on 12/17/07
divaface
wicked sweet
User Info.
No, neither Citalopram nor Clonazepam are opiates. Not close actually.

i'm quite aware. i was saying that from some of the responses i read, people might be assuming that.

Ok guys, here is the deal.

You don't die from accidentally taking a second dose of your anti depressant. It sounds like he had been on it for awhile, so his body had gotten used to the levels of the drug, and while it may have made him feel shitty, it is extremely, extremely improbable that it would have caused his death.

The Klonopin, well it depends how much he took. It is a fairly gentle benzo drug, and once again he would have had to have taken a pretty good amount. Accidentally taking one or two would not have caused a problem.

The opiate is the unknown, and more than likely the reason why things got bad. It sounds like this was all very preventable, which makes it particularly sad. As somebody who is currently dealing with a similar situation as to what he was, and taking very similar medication, it kind of is a harsh reminder to the reality of the situation. Take care of yourselves, people.

RIP Casey.

absolutely. thank you.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT