AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Trophy Scars News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Super Snake (Trophy Scars) Release Debut EP For Free

Posted by - 08:56 AM on 08/07/12
Super Snake, the new side project of Trophy Scars frontman Jerry Jones, have released their debut EP, Summer Girls. Downnload it for free here. The band plans to release an EP for each season of the year.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
08:56 AM on 08/07/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

Press ReleaseSuper Snake is comprised of five greasy, grimy northern-central New Jersey jackholes. Members include singer Jerry Jones, the vocalist of the acclaimed psych-blues outfit Trophy Scars, and guitarist Gregg Kautz from the ex-Boysetsfire project I Am Heresy; with drummer Vinnie Fiore, bassist Jesse Mariani, and guitarist John Pinho all from the prematurely dismantled hardcore band Chambers. The five got together in January 2012 with the hopes of writing something that would leave a bad taste in people’s mouths but accidentally wound up composing palatable guilty pleasures. By combining elements of White Zombie, Nirvana, and The Stooges, these young men are making “heavy” sound “sexy” again.

Super Snake released the debut EP Summer Girls today, Tuesday, August 7 for FREE to anyone with an Internet connection. The EP’s concept takes on the perspective of multiple kidnappers in a grotesque but hip-shaking lyrical scheme. All four tracks are aptly named after infamous fictional villains (Frank Booth of Blue Velvet, Baron Samedi of Live and Let Die, Anton Chigurh of No Country for Old Men, and Stringer Bell of The Wire). And yes, that absolutely is female pubic hair displayed on the cover art. Summer Girls was recorded at Portrait Recording Studios (The Dillinger Escape Plan, Burnt By the Sun, Deadguy, etc.) with producer John Ferrara (Trophy Scars, The Saddest Landscape, Reese Van Riper). Super Snake manages to take a psychedelic approach when paying homage to their influences, a trait that singer Jerry Jones and producer John Ferrara (guitarist of Trophy Scars) are extremely familiar with. The EP showcases the band’s obsession with true amp tone and live drum sounds, which seem to be sorely missed in a lot of today’s heavy music. While the instrumental members take their turns revving throttles, Jones croons and howls at the rising of a summer moon.

The band is currently without a label but refuses to cool their pace. They plan to record an EP for every season of the year, Summer Girls being the first. Vinyl plans are already in the works for lovers of all things analog. Super Snake’s first show is Saturday, September 8 at Paradise Lost in New Brunswick, NJ with Trophy Scars, Man On Fire, and France.
09:28 AM on 08/07/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
nice track names
09:35 AM on 08/07/12
Kyle Thrash
@thrash_itup
User Info.
This rules hard.
10:00 AM on 08/07/12
Ponyboy
i'm stayin gold
User Info.
Oh this is so so awesome. Now we need the new Trophy scars full length
10:03 AM on 08/07/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Oh this is so so awesome. Now we need the new Trophy scars full length
Should be coming later this year
10:05 AM on 08/07/12
Ponyboy
i'm stayin gold
User Info.
Should be coming later this year
Oh i know. Cant wait. And after listening to this ep. All I can say is it's extremely bad ass and will definitely hold me over.
10:18 AM on 08/07/12
Dustin Harkins
I hate the Dolphins defense
User Info.
All of the pubes
10:21 AM on 08/07/12
ablueskytragedy
me waka natau
User Info.
sounds like The Murder And The Harlot with Jerry on vocals
10:30 AM on 08/07/12
dlaug
good morning, vietnam
User Info.
I like the music, but that font and artwork are a mess.
12:30 PM on 08/07/12
Spencer Control
Goddamn, I miss my dead friends
User Info.
01:53 PM on 08/07/12
spansen
and then what happens?
User Info.
Love.
05:43 PM on 08/07/12
Mochem
User Info.