Username
Password

08:42 AM on 08/07/12 
User Info.
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
I use to be a member of a Music Club in Pennsylvania where we would meet, discuss albums, and give recommendations. We would also go to local shows and discover new music. We also had a group that could take turns driving to long distance shows and share costs. I have recently relocated to Raleigh, NC and would love to find some people in the area that may be interested in continuing this practice. Let me know if you live in the Raleigh\Durham, NC area and want to grab a beer, chat about music, or go to some local shows.
11:13 AM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
isawstars
Female - 27 Years Old
I live in Charlotte which is pretty close to Raleigh... but I'm leaving for grad school next week unfortunately. I would have loved to participate.
11:27 AM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
sjb2k1
5-3, the kyle orton show
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
well you know i'm game
11:53 AM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
I live in Charlotte which is pretty close to Raleigh... but I'm leaving for grad school next week unfortunately. I would have loved to participate.

Oh that stinks woulda been perfect, would have places to stay for concerts in Raleigh and Charlotte
11:54 AM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
well you know i'm game

Yes, we got 2.. We need more AP.netters..

So what we use to do is burn some CDs \ Mixes.. Meet at up, have some drinks, swap some music and be general music nerds
11:59 AM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
quickdrags
NC
Female - 23 Years Old
ah man i live in greensboro, doubt i could make it but sounds like a fantastic idea
12:04 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
ah man i live in greensboro, doubt i could make it but sounds like a fantastic idea

Well Greene Street is where I have to often go to shows..
02:54 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
.invisible ink.
honey bunny that's the funny thing
omnipresent
Female
me. (I'm in Wake Forest)

I'm down to go to shows and could use more friends locally. I typically go to stuff at the Lincoln Theater if I go out and see bands just because it's close and I get up for work early so the Cat's Cradle is a bitch to deal with and still hold a normal job (in my humble opinion).

PM me or something. :)
03:33 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
sjb2k1
5-3, the kyle orton show
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
yeah that's why i usually see shows at cat's, so much easier than getting to raleigh or g boro
03:41 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
I miss The Brewery, almost all good shows that came to Raleigh went there.. Then I moved there and it closed..
03:59 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
.invisible ink.
omnipresent
Female
I remember going to the Brewery in high school and I doubt anyone here would know anything about it but The Fallout Shelter was the best place ever to go to see punk bands and dance to industrial music back in the day. *sigh* I miss being 16, lol.
04:56 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
Mr. Dennis
What we like most is kicking a blue
Raleigh, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
I am in the southeast area of Raleigh around NC State's campus.

I normal go to the more well known national tours (one's in the tour section on here). I don't mind driving to Charlotte, Carrborro, Norfolk, VA or other places on work nights. My job allows me to get there, I'm just tired as hell the next day but I manage.

Jay Evan: Not sure what you are into put since you are new to the area, you might want to checkout http://hopscotchmusicfest.com/ . Sorry if you have seen it or are going.

+1's to anyone in the area who would want to play tennis or watch a Man United game
05:56 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
I am in the southeast area of Raleigh around NC State's campus.

I normal go to the more well known national tours (one's in the tour section on here). I don't mind driving to Charlotte, Carrborro, Norfolk, VA or other places on work nights. My job allows me to get there, I'm just tired as hell the next day but I manage.

Jay Evan: Not sure what you are into put since you are new to the area, you might want to checkout http://hopscotchmusicfest.com/ . Sorry if you have seen it or are going.

+1's to anyone in the area who would want to play tennis or watch a Man United game

I did see Hopscotch, I like the idea, but not really into many of those bands. Even though I am way too old, I really enjoy new Pop-Punk (I Call Fives, Fireworks, The Wonder Years), Old- Pop Punk (New Found Glory, Saves the Day, The Get Up Kids), I really enjoy The Starting Line, Jimmy Eat World, Mae, Go Radio, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, and along those lines..

I would watch Man United play, but I must say I am a Chelsea fan. Have you ever gone to a Carolina Railhawks game? I would love to check them out, but cannot find anyone that enjoys soccer.
06:15 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
.invisible ink.
omnipresent
Female
Great thread :)

I'm also down to host a little gathering at my house some time with you awesome local ap'ers and then maybe hit up a show? I can't believe this never came up before. Are there any good shows coming up on a Friday or Saturday night soon? (Other than Hopscotch which I don't really have any interest in attending, but I'd still maybe host a chill party at my house first if that's the only option...)

Edit: Lincoln Theater's schedule - http://www.lincolntheatre.com/mobileschedule.html Holy fucking shit, Henry Rollins is coming October 20 on a Saturday night. I am SO there. Spoken word, not music, in case you were wondering.

I'd be down to see Minus the Bear, Cursive and Caspian on Monday, Oct. 1 if anyone else is interested...
06:56 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
jump start
We all need a reason to believe.
Greensboro, NC
Female - 22 Years Old
I go to school in Greensboro. Taking the semester off though, so I won't be around much this fall.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos