AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Further Seems Forever News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 121.
02:03 PM on 08/07/12
uglystar03
User Info.
Sounds good, but I'm not sure if it will hit me like The Moon is Down did all those years ago.
02:06 PM on 08/07/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
You and your old people music.
lol, ''old people music.''
02:07 PM on 08/07/12
sweetforever
User Info.
Sounds promising, def has a Moon Is Down feel to it, in my opinion.
02:09 PM on 08/07/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
sounds like Dashboard, haha

EDIT: the first, third and fourth, not the second
02:10 PM on 08/07/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
sounds like Dashboard, haha
Please tell me what Dashboard album this sounds like ... I beg of you.
02:13 PM on 08/07/12
irthesteve
User Info.
Please tell me what Dashboard album this sounds like ... I beg of you.
sounds like Dashboard with less crisp production and heaveier guitar songs. The melody, and vocals wouldn't be out of place as Dashboard tracks if done acoustic or stripped back full-band
02:19 PM on 08/07/12
Kyleisraddd
I win.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How To Start A Fire. That is all.
02:23 PM on 08/07/12
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
No way in hell this album won't be my AOTY. And if it isn't then some other band has put out an incredible record.
02:23 PM on 08/07/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Wow, after all this time it still sounds like Further Seems Forever. I really dig how these sound, really seems like they mixed TMID and HTSAF, which I'm totally fine with. Can't wait for this thing.
02:27 PM on 08/07/12
ambulance
Minutes away, but miles apart
User Info.
The vocal effect on the first clip...why? And like others are saying, some parts do sound like they would fit as Dashboard songs (particularly parts of the third and fourth song). Also not digging the production/mixing, but may just need to stick my headphones on to enjoy it more. Still way excited though. I hope my expectations aren't too high for this. FSF is one of the bands that brought me into "good" music back when TMID came out.
02:33 PM on 08/07/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
sounds like Dashboard with less crisp production and heaveier guitar songs. The melody, and vocals wouldn't be out of place as Dashboard tracks if done acoustic or stripped back full-band
Yeah, if you took every single thing about the songs out except the vocals and made them acoustic ... then they'd sound like Dashboard. Kinda deflates your entire first statement with such a qualifier though.

02:40 PM on 08/07/12
CallumSty
callumnmacleod
User Info.

Most songs on TMID stripped acoustic would also sound like Dashboard. Anything acoustic with Chris's vocals probably would..
02:42 PM on 08/07/12
irthesteve
User Info.
Yeah, if you took every single thing about the songs out except the vocals and made them acoustic ... then they'd sound like Dashboard. Kinda deflates your entire first statement with such a qualifier though.

I suppose, I mean there is an obvious difference between the two styles, but all I hear is a slightly darker and grittier Dashboard, which isn't a bad thing
02:49 PM on 08/07/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
There doesn't need to be a poll ... tank tops are terrible and no self-respecting man should wear them that is not actively playing basketball. And even then if your arms look like tooth-picks, don't do it.

How often does a man's clothing choice upset you?
02:50 PM on 08/07/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
I like it, but I can't help it. Chris's vocals sounds too produced in this and I wish I didn't watch it. And I'm a big fan of this band and his other work.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums