Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 202.
09:01 AM on 08/09/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Thomas here's a good idea: write an op-ed column about how you're bored of pop-punk, then post it on the front page so you get that off your back.

Then, get someone else to review these records.

I think the score on this is close to what it should be, but every Nassiff review now is him whining about the genre in general and not the bands. Album reviews should be about the music, not an opportunity for the reviewer to insert himself Into some sort of opinionated narrative disguised as a review.

Butthurt much? So someone doesn't like pop punk anymore - must be the end of the world, huh?
09:02 AM on 08/09/12
avarice14
A Waste Of A Time
User Info.
I absolutely agree with this review. I Call Fives' record isn't even on the same scale as most of the pop punk records released last year. The whole thing is upbeat and catchy, yes, but it (more than most releases I could name) honestly just feels so repetitive and eventually, empty.
09:09 AM on 08/09/12
Grizzlybear
User Info.
Reviewer is an idiot. Once again, let someone else write pop punk reviews please. Hopefully someone who doesn't cite Daytrader as a pop punk band they care for. (Daytrader rules, but to refer to them as a pop punk band is ignorant of the genre qualifiers)

Its awesome that absolutePUNK gives Rick Ross's new album an 80% but the new I Call Fives a fucking 65%.

and With The Punches gets a 55% while the Paranorman soundtrack snagged a higher rating of 59%?

This is just becoming a joke now.
Hey kid who wrote the album review. Let me do you a solid and link you to this wikipedia page defining Objectivity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objectivity_(journalism)
If you plan on having any sort of future in this industry and working for someone that actually sets your articles through a series of checks and balances before publishing, you are going to have to understand one of the most basic principles to ever be connected to journalism.

Albums better than 65%.
09:14 AM on 08/09/12
Grizzlybear
User Info.
Butthurt much? So someone doesn't like pop punk anymore - must be the end of the world, huh?
If someone isn't into Pop Punk anymore than maybe they shouldn't be reviewing said thing they no longer feel.

I know that I personally like to ask vegetarians where the best steakhouse in town is.
09:23 AM on 08/09/12
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
If someone isn't into Pop Punk anymore than maybe they shouldn't be reviewing said thing they no longer feel.

I know that I personally like to ask vegetarians where the best steakhouse in town is.
its not that hes not into pop punk anymore, its just that these guys and with the punches arent really bringing anything new to the table. to be relevant you need to do something different. those other reviews you cited are different people, they dont all rate albums on the same scale.
09:26 AM on 08/09/12
Sakarazu
Hello
User Info.
man, this is top ten worst comment thread of 2012
09:31 AM on 08/09/12
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Its awesome that absolutePUNK gives Rick Ross's new album an 80% but the new I Call Fives a fucking 65%.
-_-
09:47 AM on 08/09/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Reviewer is an idiot. Once again, let someone else write pop punk reviews please. Hopefully someone who doesn't cite Daytrader as a pop punk band they care for. (Daytrader rules, but to refer to them as a pop punk band is ignorant of the genre qualifiers)

and With The Punches gets a 55% while the Paranorman soundtrack snagged a higher rating of 59%?

Hey kid who wrote the album review. Let me do you a solid and link you to this wikipedia page defining Objectivity.
If you plan on having any sort of future in this industry and working for someone that actually sets your articles through a series of checks and balances before publishing, you are going to have to understand one of the most basic principles to ever be connected to journalism.

Albums better than 65%.
lol okay bro i get it you think the album is better, thank you for your input. funny that you mention objectivity as you compare the scores that two different writers gave to two different albums in two different genres. get lost.
09:47 AM on 08/09/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
this thread is an actual nightmare
09:51 AM on 08/09/12
Ryan Dennehy

Albums better than 65%.
A+ post
09:53 AM on 08/09/12
Sakarazu
Hello
User Info.
it's impossible to be completely objective about music....unless you're going by complexity, in which case this is probably much less than a 6.5/10
09:55 AM on 08/09/12
jaredohgren
I'm just an artist on a shelf.
User Info.
I just don't understand why you get all the big pop punk reviews when you've stated that you are so jaded in that genre. It's kind of like giving someone a rap album to review that hates rap and expecting a good score.
10:05 AM on 08/09/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Well written review, but I disagree. I think this is their best work yet, and it's one of my favorite albums of the summer.
10:05 AM on 08/09/12
Grizzlybear
User Info.
it's impossible to be completely objective about music....unless you're going by complexity, in which case this is probably much less than a 6.5/10
Thats a bullshit theory. You're telling me there is no gradient for talent?
You understand that there is a fundamental difference between a strong vocalist and a poor vocalist right? Well that theory applies to many things, such as song structure, album cohesion, and a whole handful of other factors.

I'm glad you are on the reviewer's side.
10:08 AM on 08/09/12
Ryan Dennehy
Thats a bullshit theory. You're telling me there is no gradient for talent?
You understand that there is a fundamental difference between a strong vocalist and a poor vocalist right? Well that theory applies to many things, such as song structure, album cohesion, and a whole handful of other factors.

I'm glad you are on the reviewer's side.
Lol. If those are your qualifiers then I don't know why you're so bent out of shape about this release of all things.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums