User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This needs to come out now.
09:27 PM on 08/10/12
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Year Of The Black Rainbow sounded like a pile of dicks writhing in gelatin.
This is not bad.
11:43 PM on 08/10/12
Merve
Pennycan Champion
User Info.
Damn, does anyone like that record? At all? As time passes I almost never see anything even remotely positive spoken about it and it seems hated universally but at the time it seemed to be relatively well received upon release. I believe it was even reviewed decently on this site. I liked a few tracks off of it (When Skeletons Live, In The Flame of Error) but yeah a few enjoyable tracks doesn't really make a good album. I firmly believe they have gotten progressively worse with every album, but none of them are really terrible. Hopefully this one breaks that trend, but it can't be easy when your debut album is perfect and sophomore release is damn near perfect.
YotBR is a good album buried under a terrible production job. The gloomy industrial sound works on a couple of tracks ("Here We Are Juggernaut", "Far") but it kills most of the rest of them.

On the bright side, this new song sounds kickass.
12:47 AM on 08/11/12
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
I actually liked Year of the Black Rainbow, some songs felt as though they were fillers. Honestly they couldn't release an album I don't like though. I felt that Chris Penne wasn't a great fit for Coheed, he is a great drummer, but they made their sound fit his style, which doesn't work.
I totally agree that Chris wasn't a great fit. He's an amazing drummer, just not a Coheed drummer. I loved YotBR, but the production did suck. I still enjoy the record for what it is, but as far as Coheed is concerned it was their weakest effort.
05:58 AM on 08/11/12
glogglies
User Info.
YotBR was one of my favourite Coheed albums. I think 'Far' is the best song Coheed has created.
08:36 AM on 08/11/12
Brett9
a creative username?
User Info.
I'll call it - comeback album of the year.
12:43 PM on 08/11/12
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I couldnt agree more. i do like about 6 songs on that album but reznor and his production buddy really made it unbearable to listen to.
Trent Reznor had nothing to do with it. Atticus Ross (Reznor's "production buddy"), and Joe Barresi produced it.
12:58 PM on 08/11/12
AndyMania
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Trent Reznor had nothing to do with it. Atticus Ross (Reznor's "production buddy"), and Joe Barresi produced it.
i guess it just sounds like a NIN album. My apologies.
01:02 PM on 08/11/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I dig this. Definitely has more of the C&C vibe that I like.
01:13 PM on 08/11/12
mitch in the fl
User Info.
awesome. album(s) should be incredible
09:58 AM on 08/12/12
lilRIPsta
User Info.
YotBR was one of my favourite Coheed albums. I think 'Far' is the best song Coheed has created.
lolwut
05:07 PM on 08/12/12
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
And I wouldn't even say YOTBR's awful production was Ross' fault. He's a good producer. Barresi shouldn't be let anywhere near a production board any again though. Fair to Midland's Arrows and Anchors has the exact same production problems that YOTBR has, and that was solely produced by Barresi.
08:10 AM on 08/13/12
Garett Press
User Info.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT