AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 16
Displaying posts 225 - 233 of 233
10:29 AM on 08/14/12
Gerard_xD
User Info.
I understand why people dislike The Gaslight Anthem (although I don't understand why anyone would compare them to Nickelback,) but saying PRS guitars suck is just incorrect.
05:41 PM on 08/14/12
WaveUponWave
Six days no sleep
User Info.
"but when you hear their music it's just a Blink 182 beat and a fart noise"

God knows blink have some shitty drum tracks....
06:36 AM on 08/18/12
AverageJoeHyam
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I understand why people dislike The Gaslight Anthem (although I don't understand why anyone would compare them to Nickelback,) but saying PRS guitars suck is just incorrect.
Yeah the article lost all validity to me the minute that it said PRS guitars suck

Does this actually guy make a living off of writing this rubbish?
03:08 PM on 08/18/12
alexalexalex
User Info.
I see you are one for the defending of opinions. Well let me share mine with you:

Fuck you.

I don't comment on this site very much anymore but anytime I lurk a thread that might have even a modicum of controversy YOU are always in the thread, defending the dissenting opinion... as if you get off on rebelling against AbsolutePunk. You're the kid who defends Richard Reines in every Drive-Thru thread, and the kid who defends Ronnie Radke in articles about him returning to prison for violent crimes because you have "professional musical experience". Well let me tell you something pal, I've been in a band for four years, we've released 3 albums, played warped, played Bamboozle, toured the east coast, and I'm 18 years old. We have turned down record labels to go to college. So don't talk to me about your experience in walking on old washed-up perverts backs.

If you're going to make a dig at the website that you have TEN THOUSAND posts on, then why act like a fucking idiot about it? Why not just enjoy the community? There are plenty of different sects and subcategories that have dedicated followings on this site...why not find your niche instead of bitching all the time? I'm indifferent towards the Gaslight Anthem, and I do believe that they are overrated, especially on this site, but the article is probably the most poorly written piece of literary swill I've seen in a long time. Who cares if it's an opinion article? That doesn't mean that your opinion shouldn't be well informed and you shouldn't have a legitimate understanding about your subject before you tear it apart. If you're not making an educated statement about something than it's not an opinion article, it's a cry for attention.

I don't really give a fuck what your response to this is going to be because I am a human being with drive and ambition and I have things to get done today. It's called Absolutepunk, not Absolute-Objective-Opinions-For-The-Betterment-Of-Auditory-Stimulation. If you don't like AbsolutePunk and our blanketed cult-esque opinions then go join the Pitchfork.com forums and marinate in your shitty opinions there.
lol and what band might you be in?
07:52 PM on 08/18/12
VoliminalX
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Both are pretty bad.
10:11 AM on 08/19/12
ablueskytragedy
me waka natau
User Info.
lol and what band might you be in?
i'm uffie
11:06 AM on 08/19/12
JayDanielHammer
then-now-maggle.tumblr.com
User Info.
This is still going?

and lol at those saying TGA is generic and/or bad. LOL.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos