Sleep Tight Stateside - 08.13.12
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Sleep Tight Stateside
Get the album for free at http://seaoftranquility.bandcamp.com/album/stay-in-bed
1. How did you get your band name?
Well, I (Jake Grimes) was about to get deployed to Iraq with the Army. I took a very pompous attitude and told my daughter that she could "sleep tight stateside" while I was overseas.
2. How did this band get started?
A LONG time ago I was in a band with Brad Cuccio (singer of Barely Blind). When that band, Lefter, broke up, I decided to go off and do my own thing. The project went through a few different names before I settled on Sleep Tight Stateside.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
I am influenced by pop punk in general, but a few bands that I love are: Barely Blind, Alkaline Trio, Northstar, Blink 182, and most of all probably MXPX.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Well, Mxpx, Blink, Alkaline Trio, and The Menzingers.
All these bands I have been idolizing since I was 13 (with the exception of The Menzingers) and I am now 26. And here over the last year The Menzingers have become one of my favorite bands.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Taco Bell for sure.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because I do it only for the music. I try to play free shows as much as possible and I haven't charged for a record. (See link above for free download of my album, Stay In Bed)
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
That is pretty easy, Rob Dyrdek. I want to have tons of money just to waste on doing cool shit, just to have fun.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My daughter and soon to be wife, family, friends and God.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
That local scenes would be how they were ten years ago. Honestly, I don't know how to fix it.
10. Memorable tour experience?
I think the best tour experience that I have ever had, is when a friend of mine threw down a stink bomb in Bath and Body Works and made a lady go into labor. It was funny but we almost went to jail. Needless to say, we can't go back to that mall again.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I check AP.net everyday, religiously. I find out more here than anywhere else on the inter webs.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
My favorite song that I have written is called So Smile or Baby Please. My favorite cover to play is Good Fucking Bye by Matt Skiba or My Life Story by MxPx.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Dunkaroos and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Teleportation or X-Ray vision.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Tune and Re-Tune my guitar and chug a beer or two. Gotta loosen up, ya know?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am a HUGE Mxpx and Alkaline Trio fan.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I can't understand why most bands on the radio are so big. Just the same boring bullshit that keeps getting recycled. I guess that is why that its popular. Most people are simple minded. Because pop punk, that isn't extremely glossy, isn't popular then I guess the radio single is out for me, ha.
19. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Besides doing the musical stuff, I draw and I love to cook and also to refinish old stereo cabinets.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |