Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
06:37 AM on 08/15/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Ottobar is small but is a good place. The staff are nice too and they give out free water. My only complaint is that it is basically in a sketchy neighborhood boarding a more sketchy neighborhood. Went to a gas station and the doors only opened from the inside. Enjoyed the show but spent time between sets wondering if my car was stolen.
11:16 PM on 08/15/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
It really isn't that bad, I live 2 blocks from the Ottobar literally and it's a pretty nice neighborhood. That's just how Baltimore is. One block is really nice, one block up and one block over is a little sketchy and repeat. During bigger shows they always have at least one member of security patrolling the lot to make sure a) no one is drinking in the car and b) everyones cars are safe.
Thats good. I parked at the history museum just so my car would be on security footage in case something went wrong. wish I hadn't cause I could of saved 6 dollars and been at the lot for the venue and not had to walk at midnight up 2 blocks. Nothing went wrong but I will live and learn. Will definitely go to the venue again if a band I really like is playing. Saw Motion City Soundtrack there and it was worth it but I really love that band so just about any place would be.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests