Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

New Gallows Song and Video

Posted by: Deborah Remus (08/15/12)
Gallows' music video for "Outsider Art" can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22.
06:44 AM on 08/15/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
07:14 AM on 08/15/12
Dre Okorley
HC Punk Afficionado / @dreokorley
User Info.
Beat me to it. :P
07:14 AM on 08/15/12
billysurvive
aimless arrow.
User Info.
Don't get me wrong, Wade seems like a cool dude and all, but I don't think this band will hold the way it did with me when Frank was in the band.
07:23 AM on 08/15/12
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Don't get me wrong, Wade seems like a cool dude and all, but I don't think this band will hold the way it did with me when Frank was in the band.
I hate to admit it, but I kind of agree. That doesn't mean this sounds that bad though, it's just different. I think it'd be interesting if they did a tour with Trash Talk and/or Fucked Up.
07:35 AM on 08/15/12
blackmold
Not A Poser
User Info.
I did hate the people who said they should've changed their name when Frank quit and Wade joined but after this song, I kinda agree. If they kept the Gallows name, they should at least stay true to the sound they were know for.
07:36 AM on 08/15/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
It's kind of weird how, if I remember correctly, this is apparently the only song on the album that they began writing with Frank, and yet it sounds a lot more like what I'd previously have expected from Wade than anything else they've put out with him. It's basically Gallows + Black Lungs.
07:49 AM on 08/15/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
I did hate the people who said they should've changed their name when Frank quit and Wade joined but after this song, I kinda agree. If they kept the Gallows name, they should at least stay true to the sound they were know for.
I'm not particularly enamoured with this track in particular, but that's just petty. I mean, if they'd completely overhauled their sound I'd still disagree but it would at least be sort of understandable, but here we're talking one song that's a bit different, which seems to be in a minority if the early buzz is to be trusted.
08:09 AM on 08/15/12
blackmold
Not A Poser
User Info.
I'm not particularly enamoured with this track in particular, but that's just petty. I mean, if they'd completely overhauled their sound I'd still disagree but it would at least be sort of understandable, but here we're talking one song that's a bit different, which seems to be in a minority if the early buzz is to be trusted.

I guess so. I've completely supported them keeping the Gallows name with Wade and I've enjoyed every song they've released so far. Maybe I just need to listen to this a few more times. I'm still sure I'll love the album though.
08:27 AM on 08/15/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
I like the track, but yeah, it doesn't sound like the original Gallows anymore.
08:38 AM on 08/15/12
Likelinus
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i fuckin love the new gallows! It´s always difficult when band change singers but it´s too soon to make the decision now who´s the better of them. Just as it is impossible to determine whether Bon Scott or Brian Johnson is the best in ACDC. Nobody liked Brian well in the beginning, I can imagine. But it has to sink in properly first in order to be able to have a real opinion i think. People may not even have to have a favorite, but may like them both for different reasons.
09:38 AM on 08/15/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Guys, it's a single. I'm willing to bet this is easily the catchiest song on the new album. I'm sure the other stuff will be more like the EP and "Last June."

Personally, I really enjoy the Wade-era of Gallows.
10:09 AM on 08/15/12
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've seen people compare the lack of a name change to Rage/Audioslave which always struck me as a false comparison since Audioslave featured the Rage guys transitioning from rap-metal to hard rock music, whilst Gallows is still hardcore punk, albeit with a slightly different flavour.

Not a fan of the chorus but the verses are good. I've enjoyed the Wade era but I hope the album has a song or two on a par with Mondo Chaos, which is my favourite so far.
10:31 AM on 08/15/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
I honestly appreciate this track, and I'll check out what they're gonna release in the future with Wade as lead vocalist.
10:53 AM on 08/15/12
Dre Okorley
User Info.

Not a fan of the chorus but the verses are good. I've enjoyed the Wade era but I hope the album has a song or two on a par with Mondo Chaos, which is my favourite so far.
Yeah, 1:22 was really where it started to give it some edge for me.

But honestly, we'll have to wait to hear the whole album to judge.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS