Username
Password
Dillinger Escape Plan News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Dillinger Escape Plan
Inside AP.net

The Dillinger Escape Plan Guitarist Leaves Band

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (08/17/12)
The Dillinger Escape Plan guitarist Jeff Tuttle has left the band. Statements from both the band and Tuttle can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
05:54 AM on 08/17/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Band's StatementJeff Tuttle has been a valuable member of The Dillinger Escape Plan since the beginning of the Ire Works cycle. He started his time with us in mid 2006 in a period of turmoil, and his positivity and team player mentality, his enthusiasm, and his fire onstage, will always be appreciated and will never be forgotten. That being said, for now, as you will read, his future with us is uncertain, but whatever the future holds for our relationship with him, we love him and wish him well and success as a brother who has gone into battle with us for six years, and we hope he enjoys and finds creative fulfillment in film school and his future endeavors. Check out his other bands, and read his official statement below.
Tuttle's StatementTo the fans of Dillinger, and to the multitude of people I’ve met, kicked, guitar-smashed, face riffed, or otherwise touched, I’m writing this to formally announce that as of today I will be taking my departure from The Dillinger Escape Plan. The years I’ve spent with this band have been some of the greatest in my life. I’ve seen and done so many things I never thought possible and I will forever be grateful to these memories and to the band that made them possible. I’d like to thank everyone who has given me support and encouragement along the way and to express all the gratitude that fills my bones. Dillinger is a beast that cannot be contained and I have no doubts that the band will continue on the road of destruction. I wish them nothing but the best in the years to come.
Music is in my blood and I will continue making it with Old Gods and my solo effort, Malo Konjche. I will also be taking the opportunity to study film and film production in the fall; something I’ve been deeply passionate about for many years.
Life may lead me back to the Dillinger fold in the future, but for now I’ve decided to pursue these creative paths. The past six years have been amazing and I’m lucky to have made it out alive. I’ll never forget the time we shared on stage… the scars won’t let me.
06:12 AM on 08/17/12
justlikehoney
that's why you always leave a note.
User Info.
Saw the headline and thought Ben had left!
06:14 AM on 08/17/12
Likelinus
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I may sound like an idiot now but there is no great loss. I think his stage presence has always been rather embarrassing. He is mostly a poser with a bunch of wacky facial expressions. and he has never played on their records so I think that Dillinger will continue to do well without him. At least as long as Ben Weinman is at the helm.
06:20 AM on 08/17/12
Supernovacaine
givin'er
User Info.
they'll survive.. sure hope they record soon!
06:21 AM on 08/17/12
B.Leibo
User Info.
Insert American Chopper Tuttle joke now.
07:05 AM on 08/17/12
SHESmyRUSHMORE
User Info.
Bummer he was always crazy live.
07:06 AM on 08/17/12
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
He was awesome live, and a great backup vocalist. He sings on a few parts on Option Paralysis.
07:08 AM on 08/17/12
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Saw the headline and thought Ben had left!
Thats what I thought almost had a damn heart attack
07:15 AM on 08/17/12
seanthethief
User Info.
I may sound like an idiot now but there is no great loss. I think his stage presence has always been rather embarrassing. He is mostly a poser with a bunch of wacky facial expressions. and he has never played on their records so I think that Dillinger will continue to do well without him. At least as long as Ben Weinman is at the helm.

you do, and the word "poser" doesn't belong anywhere around this band.
07:24 AM on 08/17/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
I miss the old 2004 era Dillinger lineup. Hopefully they can find someone just as insane as Ben is onstage. That dude is so fun to watch, and an incredible musician.
07:29 AM on 08/17/12
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Can't wait for their next album.
08:02 AM on 08/17/12
ebushelm
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
As much as I love the band and hate to say it, I agree.
08:04 AM on 08/17/12
skibby15
Registered Member
User Info.
damn that sucks. dude was cool live
08:34 AM on 08/17/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Bummer, which reminds me I need to see these guys again, what an incredible show.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests