Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
11:06 AM on 08/20/12
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Green Day keeps impressing me with how hard they can sell out.
12:37 PM on 08/20/12
theintention
User Info.
Didn't you hear? They sold out in 1994. And 1997, and 2000, and 2004, and 2009.

It's like Inception. They must go deeper...
06:27 PM on 08/20/12
theintention
User Info.
No offense, I was disagreeing with you about them selling out lol.

If you say so. But it's okay to be wrong sometimes.
07:32 AM on 08/28/12
theintention
User Info.
He is not wrong, you are. It is impossible that they are selling out for making a FREE, little game for facebook. They are not getting paid for it, people doesn't have to pay to play... and it's not like they need to promote themselves this way to be more famous. They CAN'T be more famous than they already are. It's just a funny way of promoting the albums and leak a new song.

Some of you have a really misleading concept of "selling out". I will make it clear:

Changing radically their music style (to electronic music or dubstep, for example) to reach other fans ? --> Selling out

Making a mini-game to give fans the oportunity to listen a new song and have fun --> not selling out

And don't tell me GD changed radically their music because they don't. Obviously there is an evolution through the albums, and they have changed, but you can fell they are the same. It's not like Muse, who now are doing dubstep and electronic shit.

It's easy to get if you are not a dumb I-only-listen-to-underground-music-because-unknown-means-better.

Dammit, it's fucking angry birds, it's just to have fun, which is the purpose of this whole trilogy. But if you can't understand that, obviously you won't like it...

I'm not saying this one game is the only reason they sold out. And you are fucking clueless if you think Green Day's music style hasn't radically changed to make money.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums