Password

Album Review
Prince Caspian - Late Night Calls Album Cover

Prince Caspian - Late Night Calls

Reviewed by
Prince Caspian – Late Night Calls
Label: Unsigned
Release Date: September 2011
People will tell you they hate pop music. They’re liars. I think it’s in the human DNA to either openly love it or to renounce it yet still listen to it in the car on your way home from work. You can try to hide from it, but you really can’t get away. So, when Prince Caspian’s Late Night Calls found its way into my inbox, I embraced it wholeheartedly. After reading this review, you’ll either want to DL the album and blare it from all the speakers in your house or you’ll secretly want to DL the album and listen to it with all the windows down while you drive around with nowhere to go.

The four track EP starts with “Christian Girls,” probably one of the poppiest songs I’ve ever heard. I didn’t go to a private Christian school for any of my education, but it reminded me of a time and place where the only important thing was a first love. Everyone has been there, but this song will take you back there. The next track “You & Me” is a step slower, but cut from the same cloth as “Christian Girls.” Kind of like identical twins that you can tell apart, but one is definitely cuter than the other. The next track is “Sleep Tonight” and starts out like a song off Usher’s “*8701.” It morphs into a slow pop ballad. Reminds me of Mike Posner, except I really wanna like David Charles Fischer (that’s Prince Caspian, FYI). After all, his Twitter avatar is him drinking a six-pack of PBR. Mike Posner could never be that cool. The EP ends with “Late Night Calls.” It’s a stripped acoustic track that sounds like it could’ve been on the soundtrack for The Descendants. It’s soft and slow and showcases a really pure voice that one might’ve missed on the other poppier tracks.

It’s a short set of 4, but it’s definitely worth the 15 or so minute investment. I mean, I used words like “poppy” and “poppier” and “poppiest.” According to spellcheck, two of those words don’t exist. Personally, I think they do, but if they don’t, they should after listening to this EP. It's not trying too hard to reinvent something or be something it's not. It embraces catchy, poppy music. For me, that’s not a bad thing at all.

Rating: 7.5/10

Track listing:

1. Christian Girls
2. You & Me
3. Sleep Tonight
4. Late Night Calls

Band members: David Charles Fischer

Recommended if You Like Popular music

www.twitter.com/princeDCF
http://princecaspian.bandcamp.com
This review is a user submitted review from MusicTalks. You can see all of MusicTalks's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version