Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
09:23 AM on 08/22/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Glad this leaked already. Rolling Stone streaming is so messed up on my phone. This is probably the hardest indie release for me to support financially.
11:43 AM on 08/22/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
You really can't spend $5?

its not the money itself its that every release that they put out on a label theyve been very enthusiast about "fuck the label pirate this album" giving q giant middle finger to the people who invested thousands of dollars in them. now that theyre doing the indie thing they are suddenly upset about piracy like going indie is some magic switch. you reap what you sow. they campaigned against the labels so frankly i dont think they deserve anything leas than the same, im nit saying i want them to fail but it might be a nice humbling experience if thw record underperformed and they realized exactly what they werw doing to the labela that helped them to were they are
12:33 PM on 08/22/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
They didn't "campaign" against the label. They submitted tracks from VW to Atlantic, and the label basically told them that they wouldn't give them as much money to work with since BSN didn't make enough profit. So Circa peaced out.
That is a totally legit business thing to do, if you know that the album isn't going to sell as well as you originally though based on market data (including failed sales goals of previous albums) you'd be a fool to advance more money than you are going to make back. If labels did that they'd be out of business in a heart beat.

^ Obviously didn't read the interview.

Can't say I'm surprised. Your rant is so misinformed and offbase.

"To be honest. In the past when we’ve been on Atlantic and we’ve been on other labels, I’ve been like download the record, I don’t give a shit. It’s not like directly affecting me. When we were in that situation, you get an advance and they take everything from you."

Direct quote from the interview. Even admits it wasn't just when they were on atlantic.

Sounds like a true fan

I am a fan, but I also believe in people being honest and getting what they deserve when you're not. You can't take money from someone and then tell people not to buy the album so those people don't get their money back.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums