AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

AP.net Contest: Yellowcard "Southern Air" LP...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (08/22/12)
So I received a package from Hopeless Records this morning and in it was a bunch of swag from the bands on their roster. One of the items included was a LP of Yellowcard's new album Southern Air, which I've decided to give away today. How do you win this beautiful 12 inches of wax? It's simple: just like and follow us on our Facebook and Twitter pages (as well as Hopeless' Facebook and Twitter) and tell us what your favorite song is off Southern Air and why (either in this thread, on Twitter, or on Facebook). I'll pick a winner sometime tomorrow. Good luck!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 84
12:23 PM on 08/22/12
animefan13LPfn1
I ate a man alive tonight.
User Info.
Totally doing this.
12:25 PM on 08/22/12
claw1400
I want this to be my awakening
User Info.
Tweet our favorite song at @absolutepunk?
12:28 PM on 08/22/12
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
my fav song off southern air would be ten or Telescope because they are so beautiful songs and ten is a beautiful sad song which makes its one of the best on the records i love the harmonys in Telescope
12:29 PM on 08/22/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
yeah, where do we enter?
12:30 PM on 08/22/12
animefan13LPfn1
I ate a man alive tonight.
User Info.
Already tweeted my answer, but I'll post it here too, just in case.

Favorite song off "Southern Air" is easily "Ten". So emotionally written/performed, I got tears in my eyes hearing it the first time.
12:32 PM on 08/22/12
uberlou
User Info.
Tweeted my answer but i'll post it here too:

Favorite song goes to "Awakening". It's a perfect opener and starts the album on a strong note.

I do find myself becoming obsessed with a different song almost every day though. Currently obsessed with the above mentioned track.
12:32 PM on 08/22/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
preferably post it in this thread, but you can post it on facebook and twitter too.
12:34 PM on 08/22/12
stefan86
User Info.
My favourite song from the new album is 'Here I am Alive' fast, catchy and meaningful lyrics . How music should be!
12:35 PM on 08/22/12
Rikku794
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My favorite off of Southern Air is hard to choose, but ill have to say "Telescope" the song is beautiful and it hits close to home having just lost my mom.
rykeyz
Underdog
User Info.
It is hard for me to chose one song from that record because this band has been my favorite for a lot of years now and I cherish each song.
However, if I must chose a song right this moment, I would probably go with Southern Air as I am off to college soon and this song reminds me of home. I'm not from the South, rather from the West but other than that I can pretty much relate to this song as I can relate to most of Yellowcard's music.
I am still waiting for my pre-ordered bundle (it doesn't include the album vinyl).
Helena_S100
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Here I Am Alive" I realize it's the single and will get horribly over played, but I think it's great and I loved their collaboration with Tay Jardine.
12:36 PM on 08/22/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I take it I'm not allowed to participate in this.
12:38 PM on 08/22/12
claw1400
I want this to be my awakening
User Info.
I'll be honest, it's really hard for me to pick a favorite out of such an amazing bunch of songs. Really can't deny that these are ten of the best songs they bands ever written. But if I truly had to pick, I'd probably go with "Awakening", even though I've really over played it since it's release in July. I really love how Yellowcard always opens up their albums with a punch to face. A really heavy, fast paced, and heart felt song. I can relate to "Awakening" more then almost any other song in the Yellowcard library. I've been such a huge fan since the first time I heard Ocean Avenue, and eventually got my hands on One For The Kids. Lights And Sounds has for quite awhile been my all time favorite album. But Southern Air is truly giving it a run for it's money in my book. I can't get enough of this album. Ever. Yellowcard's music and lyrics has really got me through some dark days in my life. Sometimes, I don't know what I'd do without it. Thank you, Ryan, Sean, Ryan, LP, and Josh.

Also, do you know if this vinyl you got your hands on is the Transparent Green, or something different?
12:38 PM on 08/22/12
KarlAnthonyyy
I am selfish it seems
User Info.
I would have to say that Ten is my favorite on the cd. The emotion and the story behind this song is wonderful. It almost makes me never want to grow up and face reality.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests