AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 66
09:25 AM on 08/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I feel like this is one of those bands I should like but I just haven't gotten into them. Anyone have a suggestion of where to start?

Listen to Pirates first then Menos and then Beer Commercials and then listen at your own discretion
09:26 AM on 08/23/12
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is not good
09:27 AM on 08/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I feel like this is one of those bands I should like but I just haven't gotten into them. Anyone have a suggestion of where to start?

First song: "Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse"
09:32 AM on 08/23/12
nowFace
You're irreversible
User Info.
Really digging Steel and Blood.
09:35 AM on 08/23/12
JasonTMays
Slaves
User Info.
I definitely dig this album, I couldn't get into OMNI so for me this is definitely a step in the right direction. I'd say it's their most well-rounded release thus far. A bit of the old mixed with a bit of the new. Overall i'd say it's one of my favorite releases by MTB.
09:38 AM on 08/23/12
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is their blandest release. It just sounds like they ran out if steam.
09:43 AM on 08/23/12
spiffa0
Oh my God, it even has a watermark.
User Info.
Highly refined pirates
09:45 AM on 08/23/12
BGP
Registered Badass
User Info.
This is pretty bad.
09:54 AM on 08/23/12
astaticskyline
Musician, Network Services Engineer
User Info.
Surprised at the dislike for this album. I'm loving it, and I didn't care for Omni at all.

5 songs in, this album is the MOST like Menos El Oso IMO, except they tuned down the DL6 pedal and tapping quite a bit in comparison. Still enjoying the shit out of this. :)
09:57 AM on 08/23/12
valencourt
Oh well, okay.
User Info.
In this albums defense (and any album for that matter) I think it's unfair to give such harsh opinions in the instance of an album stream. Most are likely only giving the songs 20 seconds of attention before skipping to the next and writing the album off altogether.
Dustin Kensrue once said (and I'm paraphrasing) 'you need to listen to an album in full, on a night drive down the highway, windows down, to really take it in on the first listen', and I couldn't agree more.
This album deserves a little more than a casual attempt at listening. It has certainly grown on me over the past week.
I also never understood the hate for 'Omni'. To each their own, I suppose.
09:59 AM on 08/23/12
queens718
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Halfway through and im loving it. Didnt really enjoy Omni but loved the rest of their material and this feels more like a natural progression from their earlier work
10:02 AM on 08/23/12
nowFace
You're irreversible
User Info.
Yeah I don't get why when people stream new Circa or MTB for like a minute they feel they are in any position to pass judgment. IMO
10:04 AM on 08/23/12
kbi the crowing
dr( )ning the days away
User Info.
Solid album, but I don't think I'll feel the need to listen to it much in the future, except for maybe Lies and Eyes.

All my old favorite bands aren't doing much for me anymore. It's a weird/cool feeling.
10:14 AM on 08/23/12
canvasofwinter
User Info.
I really dig this album. Then again, I'm in the really weird minority here that likes OMNI better than anything they did before it.
10:18 AM on 08/23/12
BlinkAvAfan21
She calls it a mayonegg.
User Info.
Highly Refined Pirates is a cool jam. Fun songs about drinking and girls.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos