schlotty
See you later, Joben!
User Info.
This is worse than OMNI.
10:32 AM on 08/23/12
DrUmBuM
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Only 2 songs in, so far its okay I usually dont like any album when I first listen to it..gotta listen a few times before I can really judge it.

You guys are all nuts, Onmi was awesome, and I got into them when I first heard"absinthe party at the fly honey warehouse"
10:44 AM on 08/23/12
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
awful album. band fell off hard
11:05 AM on 08/23/12
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
I think the album is good. Better than Omni, but not better than anything else. I think it's a really solid album though. The second half is a bit weak, but I don't think any of the songs are bad. Cold Company ends on a good note. Favorites are Steel And Blood, Lies And Eyes, and Diamond Lightning.

Overall: Planet Of Ice > Menos El Oso > Highly Refined Pirates > Infinity Overhead > Omni
11:15 AM on 08/23/12
HogarthHughes
Paint the Streets in White
User Info.
In this albums defense (and any album for that matter) I think it's unfair to give such harsh opinions in the instance of an album stream. Most are likely only giving the songs 20 seconds of attention before skipping to the next and writing the album off altogether.
Dustin Kensrue once said (and I'm paraphrasing) 'you need to listen to an album in full, on a night drive down the highway, windows down, to really take it in on the first listen', and I couldn't agree more.
This album deserves a little more than a casual attempt at listening. It has certainly grown on me over the past week.
I also never understood the hate for 'Omni'. To each their own, I suppose.
Words of truth, for me at least. I can never fully get into an album until I listen to it on a drive.
11:52 AM on 08/23/12
intheenditsfine
David Reed
User Info.
Seems like the opinions are pretty split on this one.

I still haven't listened to anything pre-Planets Of Ice (yes, I realize that's a MTB sin), but the song that won me over was "Double Vision Quest."

I listened to their stuff prior to Planet Of Ice, but "Double Vision Quest" definitely put them on another level for me. That final minute or so is greatness.
12:02 PM on 08/23/12
drgoebel
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I enjoyed it. Glad they dont keep releasing the same record.. (Circa Survive).. I love a band that keeps their craft new and exciting for them.. I enjoyed the new Circa Survive record too but it was predictable in a way and I kinda felt like I had heard it already on their past works.
12:04 PM on 08/23/12
drgoebel
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
FYI, my reply is about Infinity Overhead- Minus The Bear, but I used Circa as my comparison since I listened to both their new records last night.
12:05 PM on 08/23/12
koopman
User Info.
I just hate all the sawtooth cheesy synths they've been busting out lately, really kills the vibes for me unfortunately
12:22 PM on 08/23/12
ursovstubar„o
motherfucker, when you're bleeding
User Info.
WithHighly Refined Pirates/Menos el Oso they set the bar very high. Though this is very good, just not a good as the first ones
01:01 PM on 08/23/12
dan.is.empire
I Am Empire / Dan
User Info.
Not sure why everyone hates on Omni....that album was incredible.

Took my first listen to Infinity last night, I enjoyed it but it definitely does not sit higher than most of their previous catalog.
01:37 PM on 08/23/12
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
I liked it..catchy stuff!
01:37 PM on 08/23/12
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
I enjoyed it. Glad they dont keep releasing the same record.. (Circa Survive).. I love a band that keeps their craft new and exciting for them.. I enjoyed the new Circa Survive record too but it was predictable in a way and I kinda felt like I had heard it already on their past works.
That's how i feel too.
01:42 PM on 08/23/12
DiscosBack
User Info.
Omni is a great album and the biggest grower in MTB disco.

I'm not sure about this one, though.

Planet of Ice is their undisputed best release.
02:10 PM on 08/23/12
xSpillFiction
Mama, I'm Satan
User Info.
I feel like this is one of those bands I should like but I just haven't gotten into them. Anyone have a suggestion of where to start?
menos el oso, definitely. but contrary to another reply you've gotten, i don't think omni is boring. i think its incredible, personally. its very different, but very fun and sexy.

anyway, absolutely love this record. excellent, as always.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums