Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 34 of 34
10:50 PM on 08/23/12
heartsdivided
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It sounds like they've just taken all the songs and progressions that didn't make American Idiot & 21st Century breakdown and put them into 3 cd's. They're catchy songs but they really aren't saying anything. Instrumentally it's simple, but still catchy. Lyrically it's all terrible. Did they just get trashed and write 3 cd's of lyrics in one night? The lyrical detail of the last 2 albums was very impressive. It provoked a lot of thought, and I really respected that. Based on what i've heard, i don't think i'll be getting these albums. It sounds like a way to make some extra money. If you can release 3 albums in 1 year, how good can the quality of the work be?
sounds like you were born in 1993.
02:36 AM on 08/24/12
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
User Info.
What about this one guys?

The Uno songs all sound insanely dull so far. Some of the Dos and Tre ones sound more interesting.
Sounds like something Transplants would do
09:12 AM on 08/24/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
Fell For You sounds good. Vocally he sounds like his Nimrod days. Honestly don't know how you can like Green Day and not be OK with that song. Some of these tunes are meant to just be fast, loose party songs. Like Lady Cobra, that's just a fucking jamming rock song. Yes it's simple and straight-forward, but anyone who plays music must hear that and think, "Wow, that must be fun as shit to play as a band." Same goes for Make-out Party. Let Yourself Go is just a throwback Green Day song, don't see how you could hate it, Oh Love has a great chorus and it's a real grower. Kill the DJ and Nightlife just seem to be experimental songs, a band that is 20 years into their career trying new things. Some of it works and some of it doesn't, but I'm not going to denounce them for taking risks. People need to chill out, invite some friends over, crack open some beers, put this shit on, and get weird. Quit over-thinking and analyzing Green Day, they've always just been a 3 chord pop band anyway.
11:09 AM on 08/24/12
jasonjeffrey961
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
im really excited for uno! i actually really like the three songs from uno! so far (oh love, kill the DJ, fell for you)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos