Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
08:38 PM on 08/23/12
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
User Info.
Yeah, but you should order it from circasurvive.com instead so the band reaps the maximum reward for their hard work. This band is one of the most genuine bands around and such great guys.
too bad their new album sucks
09:08 PM on 08/23/12
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
User Info.
If youre a fan of any of their prior good work (Juturna, OLG) sans BSN, you should probably like at least half of this album. I for one find it much better than the bands most people rave about these days. Certainly a genuine and interesting release.
Juturna and On Letting Go. BSN was over produced. This one is just down right disappointing
11:54 AM on 08/24/12
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
User Info.
I cannot comprehend why people who love Juturna and OLG dislike Violent Waves. The album fits right in with the band's older releases. To me it almost sounds like it could be a follow up to their first EP, the Inuit Sessions. The only songs off of VW I'm disappointed with are "Think of me when they sound" and "Brother Song" because they're way too boring, and they never really go anywhere. Everything else sounds like classic Circa to me. Really loving Hit-man, The Lottery, Phantasmagoria, and Bird Sounds atm.
i disagree. This album is so boring I haven't even gotten through the whole thing
01:42 PM on 08/24/12
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
User Info.
Maybe you should listen to every song before you call the album boring. Otherwise it's very hard for me to take you seriously. Just a thought.
I don't need anyone to "take me seriously" I listened to seven tracks the first time around and they were completely disappointing. Every track sounded like the same old stuff. Anthony Green just doesn't do it for me anymore. I didn't think anything he did could be more mediocre than his latest solo album, but I was wrong. I listened to the final half of the album two nights and it put me to sleep. It is a boring record from a band that peaked years ago. I will give it a complete spin later on, but honestly it is a giant let down to me. I feel like Circa is going to be like band that i will always defend because I liked them when I was 14
01:50 PM on 08/24/12
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
User Info.
Maybe you should listen to every song before you call the album boring. Otherwise it's very hard for me to take you seriously. Just a thought.
Starting to listen to the album again. Maybe a little harsh what I said, but eh it still doesn't do anything for me. 3 tracks in
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums