AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Circa Survive News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 46.
11:30 AM on 08/24/12
CrypticHistory
User Info.
Juturna and On Letting Go. BSN was over produced. This one is just down right disappointing
I cannot comprehend why people who love Juturna and OLG dislike Violent Waves. The album fits right in with the band's older releases. To me it almost sounds like it could be a follow up to their first EP, the Inuit Sessions. The only songs off of VW I'm disappointed with are "Think of me when they sound" and "Brother Song" because they're way too boring, and they never really go anywhere. Everything else sounds like classic Circa to me. Really loving Hit-man, The Lottery, Phantasmagoria, and Bird Sounds atm.
11:54 AM on 08/24/12
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
User Info.
I cannot comprehend why people who love Juturna and OLG dislike Violent Waves. The album fits right in with the band's older releases. To me it almost sounds like it could be a follow up to their first EP, the Inuit Sessions. The only songs off of VW I'm disappointed with are "Think of me when they sound" and "Brother Song" because they're way too boring, and they never really go anywhere. Everything else sounds like classic Circa to me. Really loving Hit-man, The Lottery, Phantasmagoria, and Bird Sounds atm.
i disagree. This album is so boring I haven't even gotten through the whole thing
01:22 PM on 08/24/12
CrypticHistory
User Info.
i disagree. This album is so boring I haven't even gotten through the whole thing
Maybe you should listen to every song before you call the album boring. Otherwise it's very hard for me to take you seriously. Just a thought.
01:42 PM on 08/24/12
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
User Info.
Maybe you should listen to every song before you call the album boring. Otherwise it's very hard for me to take you seriously. Just a thought.
I don't need anyone to "take me seriously" I listened to seven tracks the first time around and they were completely disappointing. Every track sounded like the same old stuff. Anthony Green just doesn't do it for me anymore. I didn't think anything he did could be more mediocre than his latest solo album, but I was wrong. I listened to the final half of the album two nights and it put me to sleep. It is a boring record from a band that peaked years ago. I will give it a complete spin later on, but honestly it is a giant let down to me. I feel like Circa is going to be like band that i will always defend because I liked them when I was 14
01:50 PM on 08/24/12
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
User Info.
Starting to listen to the album again. Maybe a little harsh what I said, but eh it still doesn't do anything for me. 3 tracks in
02:11 PM on 08/24/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
From what I can perceive, youre better than this comment or to imply you have this mindset. no sarcasm. Come on dude.
02:17 PM on 08/24/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
Well, depends on your financial situation in the way you look at it. To me, I feel new records should drop around $18.. If I had a job worth wasting money with $25 wouldn't be too bad. It's completely self-released so they have to make their back-end somehow. All in all, it's not REALLY that overpriced, but I'm sure it could be cheaper as far as the single LP is concerned.. far less plastic than the doubleLP really, where 2xLP is only a couple bucks more from ShopRadioCast.

Fans will pay for it if they can afford it, I'm sure. We've just got to hit the bar for one less drink, or take advantage of one less Dominos Wednesday special and the money is made up... haha
word. most new vinyl releases ive seen in the past year have been 25 though
02:37 PM on 08/24/12
CrypticHistory
User Info.
I don't need anyone to "take me seriously" I listened to seven tracks the first time around and they were completely disappointing. Every track sounded like the same old stuff. Anthony Green just doesn't do it for me anymore. I didn't think anything he did could be more mediocre than his latest solo album, but I was wrong. I listened to the final half of the album two nights and it put me to sleep. It is a boring record from a band that peaked years ago. I will give it a complete spin later on, but honestly it is a giant let down to me. I feel like Circa is going to be like band that i will always defend because I liked them when I was 14
I agree that the album is pretty boring at some points, particularly the second half. Like I said earlier, the one two combo of "Think of Me When They Sound" and "Brother Song" is almost enough for me to stop listening completely too. Those songs are just way too boring, and honestly the lyrics are terribly one-dimensional too. That being said, I still find enjoyment in the rest of the album. Definitely not my favorite, but enjoyable nonetheless.
05:06 PM on 08/24/12
The_Effort
User Info.
Still haven't heard this, but I preordered the record from their site. Doing my best to wait till I get it in my hands to hear it. Despite negative reviews, I'm still incredibly excited!
06:21 PM on 08/24/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
Still haven't heard this, but I preordered the record from their site. Doing my best to wait till I get it in my hands to hear it. Despite negative reviews, I'm still incredibly excited!
Dude theres plenty to like on this album if youve been a fan in the past. Theres also some things to dislike. Overall its worthy
08:36 PM on 08/24/12
treyj1234
This is the last night in my body.
User Info.
I find it hard to believe that a lot of Circa "fans" on here don't like this album. It honestly blew me away...
07:15 PM on 08/25/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
25 is fine, the extra 13 for shipping is whats keeping me from ordering.
this is why is preordered from SRC
10:37 AM on 08/26/12
chriskeays123
I'm going home but my own way
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album might not work for everyone, i know i was slightly skeptical on my first listen, but just give it a few spins. i think its a very fitting follow up to blue sky noise and fits in with their previous releases even better. the album flows very well from track to track, especially kicking it off with birth of the economic hit man. ill always love these guys, i think they made a great choice separating from atlantic. it is very clear that violent waves was all organic circa and i'm so glad they felt the need to do things that way. i was very impressed with the quality of the recordings since they self produced the album. this was the circa album i feel i've been waiting for since on letting go. i still listen to blue sky noise and the appendage ep, but violent waves just feels much more raw. i just think they fucking killed it with this album like they always do. i would love to hear some b-side releases for this album and i cannot wait to hear it live
05:09 PM on 08/26/12
terrorishfrank
User Info.
25 is fine, the extra 13 for shipping is whats keeping me from ordering.
where do you live? the shipping is coming up as 2.99 for me.
05:52 AM on 08/27/12
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
where do you live? the shipping is coming up as 2.99 for me.

I was referring to Circa's web store. I haven't check SRC because for whatever reason Their site doesn't load at my home.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums